1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Worst trip and stall

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mgf250, Dec 4, 2007.

1. mgf250

mgf250 Member

Has anyone hit somthing under the snow which stopped their truck and stalled the motor?

I plowed a dirt lot at a drive-in movie which held a flea market on the weekends. From experience I knew not to drive very fast due to there being many rocks and other obsticles. During the first storm I was cutting a path around a building and suddenly hit something which stopped the truck in its tracks and stalled the engine. It turned out to be a large rock that was eroded away during the summer and fall rains. Luckily there was no damage to the equipment.

I also hit a concrete plug in the ground that stopped the truck in its tracks but it did not stall.

Has anyone else hit anything strange?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Are you talking plowing homeless people into the snow pile strange or hitting a post so hard it bent the moldboard ?

3. mgf250

mgf250 Member

Deer

I forgot about the deer although they didn't stop or stall the truck.

4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I once started my truck and dismembered 2 cats that were hanging out in my engine compartment, apearantly they were trying to keep warm in there. There were little cat paws and pieces of fur everywhere! :eek:

Now everytime I start that truck, my guys always make "Moew" screams... :jester: