1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

worst snow event ever!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by buckwheat_la, Dec 5, 2009.

1. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

so we were looking forward to a nice snow storm, about 4 inches, well we started our first property (usually takes 3-5 hrs for both skidsteers to do) well, it started to snow and blow heavy, next thing you know i have about a 8acre facility with about 12-24inches so we started at 10pm, and got done at 7 am, then i proceed to all my other contracts, needless to say my day has been rather ******, then i had 3 snow blowers break down, (had to go out and buy brand new as there is no time to fix them), one transmission gone in a work truck, one skid had the heater go, and a short in the light system, and i had 4 extra guys lined up as backups, two backed out, even after they assured me yesterday they were good to go, and to top it all off, half the roads are closed/inacessable and most of our clients have drifts that are usually 4ft or more (we had two clients so far that had drifts to their roofs), what a crazy day. i was so looking forward to a great start to the season, oh well.

2. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

I bet theres alota guys here that would love to come help you out!!!

3. buckwheat_la

i would love the help, tomorrow, we start to take skidsteers to residential

4. LEVE

LEVE Member

If you get time and think about it....Pictures!

5. buckwheat_la

i would, forgot my camera, i am going on a 30hour stint, going to catch 5hours, and head out again, if i remember i well grab a camera

6. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Hey, thats the same game im in.

7. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Send some of the snow about 20 miles south will ya

8. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

9. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

I can, but I will have to charge by the push, still trying to figure out a price.:dizzy:

10. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I'll buy you lunch and a beer...hows that

11. buckwheat_la

12. prostk2

prostk2 Member

At least you should be able to pay for all the breakdowns and purchases you had to make from this one event. Good luck with getting everything up and running 100%

13. buckwheat_la

lmao, yeah, always think about the money at the end of the rainbow, just got off a confrence call with some other contractors, everyone is having serious problems right now here, nobody got all there contracts done today, and we are likely going to get the same thing tonight, it is going to be a long couple of days digging out of this mess.

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sooo jealous, I'd love a storm like that right off the bat.

15. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I'll help! wesport :salute:

16. buckwheat_la

you can have it my friend, my anxiety level is through the roof right now, but people are being understanding, that is good at least

17. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

i wish we had some snow...quit hogging it all

18. green frog

green frog Senior Member

That sounds awesome except for the break downs. Skip the sleep and grab a six pack of moutain dew you will be good for another 10 hrs. If Buffalo,NY was close I would hop in my truck and come help. Good luck to you.

19. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Where is this taking place???

Sorry to ask, reading this on my phone and can't see locations.

20. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That doesn't sound like a good way to start the season. Guys backing out on you...that sucks, hope they never call you for work again. With these big drifts you have, did you not get through with every customer today?
    Good Luck.