1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Worst day ever!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jgsxr750, Oct 17, 2009.

1. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

Moved plow out of garage today and went to homedepot to get some supply's for garage cleanup project. returned home to find Plow STOLEN...Just my F&*^%ing luck... KILLL me now..filed police report and cops said to filea report with my homeowners policy... sssooo piisssed want someones head on a stick.

2. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

sucks man sorry to hear this...

3. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

where in ny are you?

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Sorry to hear that man, what kind of plow was it? Be watching CL & Ebay closely & remember...this is why you have insurance. By next week you'll have a brand new plow in the drive!

5. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

That does suck. Any neighbors that may have seen anything?

I had most of my tools stolen awhile back. They broke into my work and my toolbox. As soon as the police came, they said to file a claim, because they would never find them. I read that as "Were not going to bother looking".

Hope someone saw something. Post an ad in the paper for information, and maybe Craigslist too.

Thieves should be beaten, burned at the stake, and then shot. First in the feet, then the legs, hands, arms, etc. Wouldn't want them to not suffer. Can you tell I don't like thieves???

6. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

how long were you gone? I would imagine that it could be found pretty quickly, if they called it out on the radio about a missing plow............you dont see to many plows out just yet. its unfortunate good luck

7. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

thanks everyone. They bastards tried to take my friend jet skiis too. the only hting that stopped them was the chain around the axle that was around a fence pole near by. they bent the post and have two burn marks in my lawn... neighbors didn't see anything. waitning for report then calling insurance. the only hthing going for me the cops said way i made custom marks on plow. it was 7'-6 pro plow.... i was driving around for hours looking for it. sssooo pissed. so much for a happy birthday for me this year. all this crap on my birthday. everyone is right getting older does suck

8. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

Rockland county... right outside of westchester and 10 minutes from Mahwah NJ

9. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

WTF ? I hate thieves if I catch one on my property he is dead meat

10. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

happy birthday......................................

11. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Too bad homeowners insurance does not cover commercial equipment used for a business.

12. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Sign on over at lawnsite.com and post on the stolen equipment board. What are the marks on the plow? Pic maybe. We do alot of business in and around Mahwah and have trucks all over the county, I'll put the word out to all of our crews and drivers, maybe it'll help............But in reality its probably a long shot.

13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Depends on your policy. My homeowners covered my plow that was stolen last year since it was not on the truck. So auto insurance would not cover it and my homeowners ins paid replacement cost of the plow set up. So I got a new Western.

I am sorry to here that. I know just how you feel it took them a week of mine outside to steel it. They must have been watching your movements and stuff for a while.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  14. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

Sooo......What are you selling again?

Oh, I get it. You posted it here in case someone's trying to sell your plow.

That sucks man. A few years ago on Easter Sunday someone stole my tires/wheels off my truck right in my flippin' driveway. I lived in a nice country location. Homeowner's did not cover that. I was P.O'd

At least they were nice enough to bring cinder blocks to place under the rotors and brake drums......

15. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

markings on plow was 12/06 painted in black on the back left and right side of the blade. it was the month and year that i picked up plow and say month and year y daughter was born. i picked up plow and that night rushed mmy wife to hospital to give birth to my daught. with plow on truck just after plowing for 4 hours..was a crazy day will never forget it. had to get some friends to cover my properties while i was at hospital.

homeowners said they would cover it cause it wasn't mounted on truck... they consider it a peice of outdoor funiture as i quoted from the agent.

16. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

may take a couple weeks before i see any money. they said we need to give police a chance to locate it.

17. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

If it is at your house.......how are they going to know? So long as the cop doesn't write it up under your business name, there is no way there going to argue with you. As far as there concerned you use it to plow your own driveway.

18. tojay22

tojay22 Member

its going to be a bad day for whoever trys to steal from me.

protectedbyglock.jpg

19. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

when you get a new plow... watch cause they will be watching to hit you again.

A mechanic friend of mine got his shop broken into.... a week later he got his again... right after he got his tools replaced.

Ive had my computer store hit before. BS. Have them on tape!!! stuff is long gone.
    In and out in 7 mins.

No More. We have Mrs Banks Bark Alot... almost 2 years old now... female doberman. You might get in... but you wont get out. She doesnt dial 911, but you might want to.

My doberman can run to the fence in 2.6 seconds... can you?

20. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

it is crappy that its gone, hope you get a better one with the money from the insurance company.