1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Worst day ever is spreading.....

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Striper1263, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

I get a call from my employee at 6:30 am today and told me that my flat bed truck that I use for the Salt spreader and TWO BOSS plows have been STOLEN!!!! WHAT THE !!!!!!!

We put the plows in that back of the flat bed because we had a meyer plow stolen last year from my shop. I thought in the back of the bed they would be safe. I "had" a RT3 7.6 Straight blade and an RT2 V-Blade. Both were on the truck so they would't get stolen. So instead of trying to remove the blades, which 4 men and a boy couldn't do, they just took the whole thing...truck and all.

Insurance policy doesn't cover anything outside of the shop. Go Figure...

Talk to ya guys later, I'm going to get my Drink ON!!

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Hope fully the guys on plowsite and in your area especially will keep their eyes peeled for y our equipment. Ya I know locks are only for honest people. Hope you are able to recover your equipment.
  3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

how'd they get the truck started?
  4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

smart guys.....now you get truck back but no plows...
  5. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

We found the Ignition tumble broke in half in the parking lot. The plows were worth more than the truck!

The Sheriff said that the truck would be found before the plows, which I figured.

So in my profile

1. 86 Chevy 1 Ton --- Gone
    2. Boss RT3 Straight Blade --- Gone
    3. Boss RT2 V-Blade --- Gone.

Guys, if by a slim chance you see a Green flat bed truck that has my company name and logo, Tiger Striping, PH 44-985-7434 Call me!!
    440-452-3880 Cell
  6. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Broke the ignition. we found half laying in the parking lot.
  7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Not to hard to steal an 1986 thats for sure.
  8. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Pics of truck would help if you have any. Good luck n the return of your missing property
  9. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Weren't they at your house? Home owners... cough cough hint hint
  10. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I would look at C-List . I use this so you can look at all the towns around . I hope you find them before the cops !
  11. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

holy crap your not far from me. 50-75 miles
  12. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

that really sucks!! that happened to use a few years ago
  13. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

you have to go thru auto policy for insurance. most homeowners policies have a clause in them that state "they will not cover any automotive accessories left outside the house or inside the house. the insurance agents will give you examples of a jeep hard top or even snow tires. all these will fall under your auto policy. Thats what my insurance company is doing for me and they are giving me $ for the plow only minus depreciation value. hoefully i will get enough to buy another plow but as of right now i sold most of my accounts to my friend because of this headache of trying to get plow back.
  14. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I will keep an eye out around here. You are only an hour from me.
  15. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

wink, wink, nudge nudge...say no more
  16. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Thanks !! It was really a kick in the gut on a Monday Morning.

17. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

So guys, I will be in the market for two plows. I can't ignore my responsibilities for this year.
    Let me know what you have. Thnaks, Doug
  18. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Trust me I know how you feel. I came home last year and mine was gone out of the drive. My homeowners paid for it. And I would talk to your ins agent and ask why they weren't on a supplement to you auto policy. Mine is covered no matter where it is on the truck in the drive or dropped off for repair or if it stops working and I leave it in a parking lot to go get a trailer it is covered.
  19. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Yea, My agent is looking into my policy to see if there was any additional coverage for the plows "outside" of the shop.
    I know I'm going to get screwed on this.

Bet it won't happen again. Even if I have to put the plows on the roof of my shop!!
  20. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Hey Moderators,,,,,Why not have a section on Stolen equipment like there is on Lawnsite.

Someplace we can post pics of the equipment.

Just a suggestion.