1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Worst and most violent Winter we've seen

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Snow Day, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Here we go folks, i would start preparing for this hard winter ahead!

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i like the last two paras.....but i need my summer alot more than winter:help:.... both would be nice:rolleyes:
  3. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

why arent we hearing this anywhere else
  4. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Because the bias media still is believes gore
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ding, ding, ding We have a winter.

I have been hearing it other places, FWIW.
  6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I been hearing this all over but thats cause Tim keeps telling me this all the time, LOL

Looks like the push from congress will be to get the biggest gas guzzler you can afford and romp on the pedal everychance you get so the earth doesnt fall into the ice age. Humans hafe to learn that we cant control everything.

Im excited yet concerned about the ice age, it wont be fun forever! Like icey said, I like my summers too!
  7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The Big Chill
    by Kirk A. Maasch

diagram of glaciation During the past billion years, the Earth's climate has fluctuated between warm periods - sometimes even completely ice-free - and cold periods, when glaciers scoured the continents. The cold periods - or ice ages - are times when the entire Earth experiences notably colder climatic conditions. During an ice age, the polar regions are cold, there are large differences in temperature from the equator to the pole, and large, continental-size glaciers can cover enormous regions of the earth.

Ever since the Pre-Cambrian (600 million years ago), ice ages have occurred at widely spaced intervals of geologic time - approximately 200 million years - lasting for millions, or even tens of millions of years. For the Cenozoic period, which began about 70 million years ago and continues today, evidence derived from marine sediments provide a detailed, and fairly continuous, record for climate change. This record indicates decreasing deep-water temperature, along with the build-up of continental ice sheets. Much of this deep-water cooling occurred in three major steps about 36, 15 and 3 million years ago - the most recent of which continues today. During the present ice age, glaciers have advanced and retreated over 20 times, often blanketing North America with ice. Our climate today is actually a warm interval between these many periods of glaciation. The most recent period of glaciation, which many people think of as the "Ice Age", was at its height approximately 20,000 years ago.

Although the exact causes for ice ages, and the glacial cycles within them, have not been proven, they are most likely the result of a complicated dynamic interaction between such things as solar output, distance of the Earth from the sun, position and height of the continents, ocean circulation, and the composition of the atmosphere.
  8. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

that was before you drove your 3/4 ton around today sno.

i hope we do get alot of snow. If its going to be friggn cold it might as well be snowy. as far as the ice age i think i have a few thousand years before i might have to be concerned. by then the world will be so polluted we vacated it or still recovering from multiple nuclear wars and a nuclear winter will be the only winter we think about. And i will be long dead so i wont be thinking of anything.
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Correct, Al Gore did not discover the Internet but he did invent Global Warming:D
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You're crapping me? He didn't?

Anybody see the pics of his new houseboat? Biosolar 1

Freakin hypocrite
  11. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

LOL. the last 2 lines have 2 very different tones. Well i agree with Bri. if its gonna be cold, it might as well snow.
  12. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

yeah snow would be nice, but we dont want to freeze to death, and yes the media is owned by the government and they say gore is right with the global warming and they want to tax us on it so they can keep all that money for themselves, there is a video about this stuff.
  13. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

tax us on global warming? its not something we own...
  14. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

no but the government does! its like getting taxed for the air we breathe!
  15. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Some very good points on here
  16. gkm

gkm Senior Member

may be time for a "tea Party"
  17. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Did you say tea party?

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Holy crap, that girl has bigger arms then Enzo!
  19. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

sad but true. i agree with you all the way on that.
  20. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

nice JD, you sure thats not your girl in the picture