1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Worn Cutting Edge

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by RickinMt, Jan 2, 2010.

1. RickinMt

RickinMt Junior Member

Happy New Year :help:
    What is the best route to go for replacing the cutting edge on 7'-6"er?

OEM, or make your own?

TIA,
    RickinMt.

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I purchased one for my 8.5 foot that is a aftermarket OEM knock off which ran $160.00.

After I put it on I was at a local steel distributor and noticed what appeared to be a cutting edge for a snow plow. I asked the guy and sure enough it was, so I asked what the cost was to have them make one up. They punch the square holes for the mounting bolts for $2.00 each, the 1/2" X 6" flat bar stock is $8.20 a foot and they sell in 12" lenghts. So for 9 holes punched and 9ft of stock I'd be looking at about $100.00 after tax when it's all said and done. The steel is just your run of the mill mild grade which may wear a bit faster but if you had some hard welding rod you could run a couple of beads on the edge to hopefully add some wear resistance. Next time I'm going to go this way and figure if it wears out a little sooner than the one I just replaced I'm still coming out ahead.

3. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I have used aftermarket ones from angelos.com They seem to hold up OK

4. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

eged retro fitt

omg....or....maybe weld on 2 pieces de-tempered used leafsprings onto the old edge y/n maybe...

5. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I flipped my old one over..........I have a flat edge again........lol

6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

7. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

mine looks like a banana how long do the cutting edges usually last mine has about 100 hours on it. Commercial work

8. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I got mine from CPW and it cost just over 100.00 bucks. I have a C8 with the 1/2" blade. Not sure what shipping would be but shipping costs are listed in the website. www.centralparts.com They are a sponsor with a link at the top of the page.