1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

working on a '11

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 91AK250, May 7, 2010.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

the first 2011 came into my work. this one is a f-550 XL 4x4 V10 crew cab. upfitters, 4:88 gears..few other things sticker alittle over $41k.

its getting a service body with a small craine. full winter package(door straps, breaker box, oil pan/trans pan heater, battery charger) i cant remeber the rest..i'll post pics as it goes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Gas? Why?:dizzy:

The arm rest looks massive like it's big enought to store a case of beer:drinkup:

3. 91AK250

its hard to get ULSD where this truck is going, so they are buying gas trucks as its cheaper and easier.

some blurry pics from yesterday, i got the bed with craine installed, also almost finished the class 5 hitch install. i'l be gone monday and tuesday so idk if it'll be worked on well i'm gone or if it'll be left for me to finish. but i'll get finished pics after paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Cool truck but what are door straps and a breaker box?
    thanks
    Robert

5. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Very nice, I really like the look of the new front. Inside is pretty similar, hope the engine is good!

6. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

I still can't stand the look of that front end, but I do think the truck as a whole does look very heavy duty. I would not want to see the fuel bill for that thing though, that must get 8mpg downhill.

7. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck

8. 91AK250

yeah i get about 9.5mpg in my v10 excursion so this cant be much better haha

the door straps are nylon straps bolted to the door and body and basicly work as limiting straps so when the winds blowing up on the north slope of alaska where this truck is going it doesnt rip the door off the truck and cause major damage to the door/fenders.

the breaker box is what all the pad heaters,block heaters, battery charger all run through. has a fuse on each and its to keep trucks from burning down when they are plugged in. its is actualy patented(sp) by the company i work for.

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I thought they were doing away with the V10 in the '11 super duties?

10. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

THey are getting rid of the v 10s but not in cab and chassis

11. 91AK250

exactly, idk how long they will keep them going but for now they are.

12. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I love those headlights!

13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Incorrect info. They get 10 or more depend how drive. We have 2010 Motorhouse with V10 it get 11.5

14. 91AK250

idk..i get 8.5 to 10 depending with my v10 excursion.....so that heavy ***** i dont expect to get very good milage.

well i went back to work today, that truck is out for paint right now.

we just got another identical truck in and will start it here soon.

15. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

I would imagine it's a company truck, meaning it's not likely going to be driven by somebody who cares about mileage much anyway:laughing: Some of the hydro workers make me wonder sometimes, I had a guy bring in a chainsaw today that they tried running on diesel. That was a smokeshow.

On the other hand I can imagine that truck must be a powerhouse with those 4.88s. AK do you get to test drive these trucks?

16. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I could see or idle all day to run electric tools or hydraulic.

V10 with 4.88 is WOW. I have drive several U haul fleets from other city to other city for friend.

V10 with 4.30 in 2000-2006 E350 with box is amazing. 1 smash gas pedal would have lift front end up 2-6" empty load.

17. 91AK250

yeah i've driven more then one. w/the 4:88s it moved pretty damn good. ofcourse the body/crane add some weight. taking them from the port to our work w/no bed on them...damn they move pretty good.

yeah the companys dont care much about the milage, they end up being cheaper then the power stroke in the end so it makes them happy. plus trying to get ULSD where these trucks is hard and expensive.