1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

working for ALDI's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by richardwilken, Aug 19, 2009.

1. richardwilken

richardwilken Junior Member
    from midwest

has anyone ever worked for ALDI's? I was wondering how they are to work.

2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I tried putting in a bid last year because they were complaining about their plowing company. I asked the manager about 3 times what I should do, gave her 2 biz cards or so, and never really got a straight answer. Kinda ticked me off. So they went with the same company again, at least I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure they pay well though, because since then they went with a different landscaping company that my friend owns. He doesn't work for people unless they pay.

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I think it has to do with the manager (district). We did one about 6 years ago. They came out to make sure we wern't salting (truck plowing it had salter in bed). Only plow @ 3 inches. No salt what so ever, then bi%$hed & tried to threaten us as they had a couple slip & falls, a joke because we had no liability because of the way contract was written & lack of salting. Wanted snow piled in fire lane (which I refused) as the primary area was over full (with trucks it was 6' high & 20' deep) & needed stacking with a loader (they didn't want to pay for that either). Overall a horrible experience for us, they did pay there bills on time though. We mutually ageed to terminate the agreement mid season. First & only time I've done that.

4. richardwilken

richardwilken Junior Member
    from midwest

Thanks for the reply guys. They are building a new store in my area and have only doing started doing the dirtwork. I called regional and spoke to a lady who was clueless, but was supposedly in charge. I tried to feel her out but she had no idea what was going on. I guess I will wait til they get the store up (shouldnt take long) then measure it and she is close enough i will probably just go sell her.

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, just make sure you keep after them. Seems like they sign a contract with whoever walks in there with one. I might go for it again this winter. Not sure yet. I have some other accounts I want to target first. Good luck.

Brant

6. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

ya, they're a really cheap company, always willing to sell you out as a vendor and RLM is right, if you plow for them, you better have your sh*t together because they will bend you over faster than you could ever believe. It's like plowing for wal-mart with out the benefits of actually earning a good buck.

7. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

We plowed one last year and they where very nice to work for. Plowed and salted every inch. But it is a mang call every store will be different.

8. redman6565

how much snow do you get though? i live in a 100+ inches per year region and they want no salt ever and then they complain when you can't keep the lot from icing over or packed snow.

9. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

the WORST company i have ever plowed for. they act like they dont have any money however they are the 3rd largest supermarket in the united states. i had some german guy named swen as my district boss.

10. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

We a ton of snow last season I bet then for plowing and they asked for a salt quote aswell. I had them at a 2 inch triger and after the 1st snow they wanted to change it to a 1 inch triger ,they wanted the lot cleared so the carts can get thru the lot payup.There is a little bit of paperwork to fill out for them but its well worth it.

11. redman6565

well i say you're lucky and your store is a rarity.

12. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Or the district manager in this area is a cheap ass & unaware of what a slip & fall ACTUALLY costs the company, much more than the salt he won't pay for. Realistly the slip & fall probably is handled & bugeted through corpoate budget, salt through his regions:dizzy:

13. HTI

HTI Member

I did work for them years ago. They only want one thing----- CHEAP!

14. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Aldi sounds almost as cheap as Fastrac Markets chain of gas stations!