1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

workers comp insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Team_Arctic, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

what are youguys paying for workers comp insurance? right now the way i have it set up i dont need it but i want to get a few more units and want to be covered in the event that i use them and need to stick someone in one

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

if its your first time getting it, you will be at a standard service rate depending on industry that is set by the state. in CT I pay 13% WC for my guys in my landscaping business. Its set for 3 years and then they do an audit and will adjust your rate from there depending on risks

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Not always true.... It depends on where you get it. I work by myself in a under a s corp and the state wanted like 3k for just me (one of the guys I sub for required it). I found an insurance agent in Mich (Larson Insurance) that got it for me for about $700.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Well, just goes to show you how each state is different. I called a couple ins. agencies in the spring here and they all told me the same thing. their rates would all be the same for 3 years.

also here in CT under a s-corp or llc you do not need to carry WC on yourself.