1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

work pictures - truck upfitter

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Feb 6, 2013.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

since i work at a truck upfitter that is also a boss dealer and i share the plow install pics why not the upfits and other custom stuff we do? so here goes! i'll try explain alot of what we do an take more pics of the projects.

we do alot of van bodies for alot of different applications. most of them we build are for oil company's on the north slope of alaska. they use them for a vast array of different things so every one of them is built to spec.

alot of flat beds, service bodies, welding bodies, tow trucks..ect ect plus some weird stuff comes though. i'll just let the pics speak for themselves.

a 2012 RAM 5500 cummins/auto 4x4 basic flat bed for www.conocophillipsalaska.com. it was fully winterized with 2 100W pad heaters, trickle charger for the batteries, straps on all for doors for wind protection, 2 way radio, seat covers, roof mounted spot light, blue eye driving light, winter front, webasto air top diesel fired cab heater, in gear/door open alarm..plus more i'm forgetting

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 91AK250

here is a winterize of a 2013 f-350 6.7 4x4 xlt for Halliburton . it got a 88 gallon transfer tank, front mud flaps, breaker box that the pad heaters, block heater,battery charger all run though that for protection. it also got seat covers, first aid/fire ext..other odds and ends.
    [​IMG]

we've been doing alot of basic winterize's on f-250s and f-550s for BP. all gas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ladder rack w/topper
    [​IMG]

3. 91AK250

installed HD bumpers on a 2012 f-250 6.2 xl for alaska airlines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

another winterize with a transfer tank and work lights
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 91AK250

heres a '99 f-350 7.3 auto with 60 somthing K miles on it! we did the tilt bed,side baords, all lights, bumper, boxes..ect ect

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 91AK250

one of the BP f-550's V10 gas with a flat bed and full winterize, rear cam, custom hydraulic hitch, front hitch, light force lights..ect ect

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 91AK250

2012 king ranch f-250 6.7 with a bigger transfer flow tank.
    [​IMG]

2011 f-250 with a service body..going for paint
    [​IMG]

a 2011 ford getting a Van body
    [​IMG]

railroad service body
    [​IMG]

7. 91AK250

more rail road trucks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chevys we did for a electric company in the Valdez,AK area
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 91AK250

another service body
    [​IMG]

railroad suburbans
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4x4 ford van getting winterized
    [​IMG]

ok all for now, hope you enjoy! sorry as the pics got older i kinda forgot what was done to them. i'll try to update as much as possible

9. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Would love to do that kind of work, thanks for the pics.:drinkup:

10. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics i like the bumper on the back of the reg cab ford

11. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Do the railroad trucks take a special drive tire for being on the tracks?

12. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

It looks like the inside wheel of a set of duals to get the inside width to 56 1/2 inches. I think it is a standard light truck tire.

13. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pics and great work! Do you guys treat the underbodies with Fluid Film or some other protectant for the Alaska winters?

14. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

pretty cool pics

15. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I think it's a different axle all together judging by the end cap of the axle. That and I swear it looks like the C and C frame on that truck looks narrower than normal to accommodate the rear axle.

Different rails have different gauges to them, so there has to be something special to them.

At least that's my opinion and we know how those are! LOL

16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Man you guys do alot of work there!

17. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

As far as I know, pretty much everything in North America is standard gauge (4'8½") except for some small tourist lines. Those would probably use vintage equipment instead of new Chevy trucks.
    The White Pass & Yukon Route (Skagway, AK to Whitehorse, Yukon Territory) ended common carrier service in 1982, but part of it was reopened as a tourist route. If the WP&Y (3' gauge) uses "Hy-Rail" trucks, then that could explain that.

18. blazer_kid

blazer_kid Member

Sub'd for more pics

19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

On the white ford truck it looks like the normal truck axle with an adapter to go from 8x170mm bolt pattern to 8x275mm bolt pattern to fit the 19.5 wheels.

20. 91AK250

on the subject of the rail road trucks, they come with adators to run the 19.5" wheels. axles..ect stay the same. i did not get any good finished pics of the Sub's.

yes we do alot of work, lots of big contracts..ect 100-150 trucks at a time kinda thing. its a nightmare if all the stuff is not in for them and they have to go in/out of the shop. trying to find that exact truck again and its always blocked in by 10 more trucks. pain!

no we dont do any kind of rust prevention, mostly because rust is not a huge issue. salt/ melting agents are not used very much up here. it gets too cold for them to be very effective.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]