1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Work pants - canvas or twill?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JimMarshall, Oct 28, 2015.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Hey everyone, particularly with being an owner, I would really like to ditch my jeans and start wearing something a bit more professional. I have some khaki work pants picked out. One pair is canvas and the other is twill. The canvas seems like it would be sturdier, but the twill would look more professional - a business casual kind of feel. Does anyone have a suggestion either way?

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Uniform service at work, or heavy jeans. Casual dress cloths for other occasions.

5. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

The waist are adjustable to cover a 2"<> range in sizes (Large 36-38") and obviously tall's are for normal people........

You can also get them 100% rip stop cotton which is nice in the summer but I don't think you can get them in anything other than camo patterns.

I get them off Amazon and there's a couple local stores that carry them

7. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Well, being that I'm only 5-10 and shrinkng as time goes on, I can never be considered normal again..
    :eek:

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The crew likes these,the leather holds up well! Gives our company a little extra panache!

2015-New-Designer-Jeans-font-b-Men-b-font-Fashion-font-b-Pants-b-font-High.jpg

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Is everyone on this site except Buffy and me short?

11. Mark Oomkes

Does it come in maroon? I know someone who says he looks good in it........

12. leigh

from CT

I'll check with Grandview,he's the designer/supplier.

13. Mark Oomkes

While you're at it, check if they come as manpris, I know another member who would love a pair or 3 to go with his sandals.

14. leigh

from CT

6'4" 230,but I'm still feel like a "lightweight".

15. JimMarshall

from NW PA

whats your definition of short?

16. Mark Oomkes

What do your crews wear for uniforms?

I have cargo pants for my crews, in olive drab or pine or something along those colors.

When it gets cold, I switch to some Duluth Fire Hose. Have never had to wear long undies with those on.

I am NOT a business casual kind of guy. I have ties for church, but don't own a suit. Dressing up for me is a "good" pair of jeans and a button down shirt. lol

Canvas or ripstop for me.

Interesting, wrong colors for me.

http://www.truspec.com/24-7-series/pants/mens-24-7-series-tactical-pants/

I will be checking into these, however. I think they're cheaper than what I've been getting and my crews hate the button fly on the current ones. I do too.

17. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Jeans and a Safety green t-shirt, I wouldn't mind getting them into something different either.

18. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Well, we all can't be handsome and tall. That just wouldn't be right....:eek:

19. Mark Oomkes

You got it right for one of us......................so let's put it this way, a guy who resembles a grizzly is not handsome.

20. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you're a female Griz, I would think any movement in the bush (wilderness) would be a happy time. I mean, look at this lady. She'd have no problem finding Fluffy attractive...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015