1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

work lights...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTSolutions, Oct 16, 2009.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

I swear I go through enough of these every season to justify putting them in my overhead costs...

just bought an order of 12 from Angelos, they lowered their prices on them in case anyone is interested, I usually find them locally for like 13 bucks a piece, but they have them for 6.95 and orders of 12 or more are 5.45, and shipping was like 15 bucks so it still only came out to like 6.75 a piece, not bad at all. this is not and advertisement for them, i just was pretty surprised they were so cheap.

2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

they would be?

3. PTSolutions

4. APLC

APLC Senior Member

i was just thinking of adding some to my two trucks thanks for the link

5. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

if you have a new holland tractor dealer close, the rectangular ones they sell as a rear worklight option are the toughest and best light I have ever found. they are pricey thru new holland, I need to get the numbers off mine and cross it in my trucklite catalog. I'm certain they can be had cheaper. but as mentioned earlier they outlast the round rubber mounted lights (so far) 12 to 1 :)

6. PTSolutions

if you guys end up mounting them under your rear bumper, i find that they get destroyed by backing into snow piles.

best place ive found to mount them is on the two supports of the hitch receiver that attach to your frame. that way they are further up under the truck and still spread alot of light behind the tires and towards the rear, and there is plenty of area to mount them.

ill snap some pics when i get a chance.

7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

upupupupup

8. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

ive used a lot of different lights & mounting. now i have 2 of these 4x6 mounted on the backrack, but in a heavy snow i have yet to see how theyll work...

theyre the hobbs 4x6 type

[​IMG]