1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Work in Chicago western burbs....

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Mr.Mike, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Junior Member
    from Ill

Is there anyone looking for plow drivers this season? I know the season has already started, but the company I was supposed to work for has not called me out yet, and no one returns my phone calls. I am getting eager to get out and plow. I have about 12 years of experience in snow and ice control. This is the first year I'm not running my own truck. I live in Du page county and I am available 24/7. Thanks. -Mike 630-918-8270 :bluebounc
  2. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

I left you a voice mail CALL ME!!!!

Ron G.
    630 675-2939
  3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Let me just pop this thread....

I'm in West Chicago, IL ( next to St. Charles ) and I was looking to pick up some extra hours at the beginning of a storm. Currently I sub out of the Wheaton area but, usually we go out after a trigger which is typically clean up time. Prior I usually have many hours available.

I'm into my tenth season plowing, clean record and very efficient. Sites included town homes, retail lot's, commercial buildings, office complexes, churches, etc. I have a NBS Chevy 2500HD with 8.5 MVP decked out with all the lights. If you could use me for some hours PM me.

4. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

I am not looking for any subs but thanks for the offer. If you like I would pass on your number to a guy I know that is always looking for guys (that know what they are doing) for hours here and there during a storm.

I should add. Even though I did speak with Mr. Mike and he stated he was interested in the job other then the 1 phone conversation where he told me he was a very dependable guy looking for a small company where he would not get lost in the mix. He has NEVER returned a call since then. Why post something stating you are looking for a job and then stated you want the job as offered and then go ghost????

I have found a driver and even have a back up as once the word got out I had several calls as people that know me know what kind of operation I run and know they get paid for the work they do.

So Mr. Mike a simple phone call in return to the several voice mails left for you would have gone a long way. But waht should you really expect from the internet.

Ron G.
  5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Thanks Ron. I appreciate the hand-off.

( I had popped into your thread since I knew you were local and I use to live in South Elgin. Sorry to hear the other guy went silent on you ).