1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Work for ferrandino - you won't get paid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Compensation: As soon as your work is completed, you must submit all Work Order(s) signed by our
    customer’s representatives, along with an invoice reconciling the activity for each customer. We will
    issue your payment 30 days after the date that we receive and process your invoice. Processing of
    invoices typically takes 10- 14 days. Payment will be issued to you provided we have received your
    invoice within 30 days from the last day of the month that you provided the Services and we have
    received all required paperwork hereunder. Depending on the project, a signed and notarized lien
    release may be required for execution by you and submitted to us in advance of processing your
    payment. Invoices submitted after 30 days shall be deemed stale and subject to payment only at
    Ferrandino’s discretion. We are not obligated to pay you until we receive payment from our customer.
    You assume the risk of non- payment by our customer for any reason including, without limitation, our
    customer’s bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, financial distress, nonperformance, dissatisfaction
    with services, or any other reason in or out of our control. You also hereby waive your right to
    commence an action for payment against a Ferrandino customer or file any encumbrances upon the
    property. In the event a customer shall file Bankruptcy and recover from Ferrandino any sums paid as a
    preference, you agree to reimburse and indemnify Ferrandino for such sums on demand.

Straight from a Ferrandino contract!

2. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

That's there old one. The only reason I know that is that we did some Walgreens last summer and they still have us on there list so they have updated it. Doubt it's any better but it does now state that they will not have to wait until the customer pays. Not saying it's any better and still don't want to work for them ever again. BTW I did get paid but not without me hassling them each month

3. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

We really run this risk with any of our clients, not just them. If their accounts don't fit into your business model, don't work for them. Its pretty simple. You ***** and moan about NSP on here year after year. I have been a vendor for them for over 8 years. If you follow protocol and stay on the ball, they can make a nice piece of your overall portfolio. Many that have problems with them seem to be from those who cannot follow protocol. It is annoying and time consuming, but its part of the deal when you contract for them.

If it dosen't work for you, walk away.

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Ferrandino still owes us a lot of money. We followed all procedures, trust me, to the T to ensure proper payment, you have not worked for them, i assume you mean you work for other NSPs. We've moved on from this stuff, but i'll still post it up when needed.

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

This is nothing new

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

So what is "their" reason for not paying you? Why haven't you pursued this in court?

7. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

You guys were right !!!! Ferandino and Son are liars and do not do anything they say.

They have been trying to get us to do a Rite Aid in my home town since the middle of November and I kept saying NO due to what I read on here. They then came around and said they would pay my price with my terms yesterday since a snow event was coming. They e-mailed me the contract last night and I did not see it until just now since we have been out working since midnight.

This morning while I was working they sent me another email stating that they had hired someone else since I had not responded to the email from last night. This was after we bailed their lying asses out all day by servicing the site 3 times today including the walks and deicing.

The person I talked to just now was Erica Brooks (an account "manager") and she stated since I had not signed the contract all services that I did today they did not owe for and that they would NOT pay me. Even though a person by the name of Anthony called today and talked to me from Ferandino to verify that we had serviced the site !!!!! So now it is a matter of principal, to my attorney tomorrow to file a mechanics lien on the building and send a detailed letter as to what happened to the CEO of Rite Aid Corp.

May or may not help but when I send the letter to Rite Aid, I will also advise them to research Ferandino and Son on this and other websites to find out about their business practices and the way they cheat people out of money.

Ferandino and Son are dishonest as all hell. Guess I am glad so far they only got me for a couple hundred bucks, better to find out now than when they owe me a few thousand !!!! DO NOT PLOW FOR THEM in my opinion, at least if you want paid !!!

8. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

The OP need to just start a whole section on them
    Yes you got burnt it sucks we all know but enough

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I was about to say that.

Dude, I understand ur displeasure, and getting burned but this is the same old same old with it.

I'm sorry, and due appreciate your due diligence forewarning other contractors but you need to let it go.

10. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

I'd definitely go after the property since you haven't signed the contract stating you won't.

11. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

they called me today… i was giggling inside when i was talking to them.. i told them to send me over their contract. The site they wanted me to do is a site i had serviced previously.. the price they told me was 3 times what i had perviously serviced it for.

12. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

3 times cheaper or more expensive?

13. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

It was a quick push in. The biggest pain was unlocking the gate. I think I was charging them $50..ferandino wanted 150...then they wanted you to sand and salt the place. It was a grass "driveway".

14. tilawn

tilawn Member

I have been doing work for Ferrandino and USM for many years (10+) without one single payment issue. Not sure if I have been having extreme good luck or what after I read these comments on here all the time.

15. cowbay

cowbay Junior Member

I love reading these threads. People never learn. I will comment though even if it is stated in the contract with we will pay when we get paid does not hold in court. I have been through that a few times and won everyone. If Ferrandino does not get paid they are still on the hook. As a suggestion though if you want to get more movement from Ferrandino go directly to the client on the local level and call the corporate office. What happens then 9 times out of 10 the client tells Ferrandino to pay you to make you go away. I went through this with them in the past over snow and after super storm sandy where they fubar with their own forces a field restoration that was used for recovery staging. Just got to go full out and they will pay. I swore off NSP providers 3 years ago and have not looked back. Focus on good accounts not time wasters like these bad accounts are.

16. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I agree with some/most others have said...enough is enough and no need to continue starting threads on the same thing/company/NSP all the time. we all get the point and understand, however, time to move on from it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.