1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Woring with National Services Providers" at the symposium.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mick76, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I was just curious if anyone else attended this session in RI? THIS ISN'T A BASH merely an observation. With the "heated" discussions, I've come away with the notion that I personally will not work for USM. The guy was elusive with his answers (and I believe lied) and seemed a bit too cocky for his own good.

Now that said, AGMG (Rich) I was very impressed with and would work for them any day of the week. They seem to be on the ball, don't dicate price, and seem to actually care about their subs.

There was that 3rd guy that I can't remember his name. He seemed to be honest enough but havn't heard too much about his company... can someone help my memory? I'd like to google his co....

Any other thoughts about this session?
  2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Whos AGMG?
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Affiliated Grounds Maint Group
  4. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

USM this year began keeping up to 10% of agreed contract prices for below average snowfalls. Do you think that 10% goes back to walmart or target?...NOT..Some comanies get so big that they think they cannot fail. Thats when they fail.
  5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Did you miss an h or a k in the thread title? Whoring or Working? :angel:
  6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lmao, i arguement could be made for either/or
  7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

LOL... I did see that but by the time I did I couldn't edit it anymore....."Working with nationals"

In all seriousness, that session WAS PACKED and theres got to be some feedback from others......

Come on all don't be shy.......
  8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I think maybe some people dont want to share names of service providers they have worked with, especially ones they have had good relationships with thus far, so that the 800 people lurking here on plowsite at any given time can't just cherry pick a name from a thread, make a phone call, and bid against them. Maybe they want their competitors to do some of their own homework.
  9. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Ahh yes, the headaches of national companies. This and all the drama surrounding it is a main reason I haven't been spending much time on this site. Sorry I didn't make it to the show mick76. On a similar note though, I had one of them call me for my July service tickets for parking lot sweeping this week. I reminded them I had not worked for them for over 2 years, but since they were on the phone could they look into the $1800 they owed me? Not directly related, but kinda summarizes a lot of my dealings with a lot of these companies. We have just got to wait for them to fail.
  10. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Longae, good point.... I was just curious as to what others thought on how that session went and what they took away with it....
  11. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't mean to sound condescending, its just frustrating to see what some people are willing to post. I hate the ones "anybody have any experience with......" and then regardless of what the feedback is, they will work for them anyway if they can, and then whine about it, and in the meantime 15 of their competitors read the post and called the company themselves just adding to the "bidding" pressure.