1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wording on a snow plowing proposal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by twclark2, Oct 21, 2014.

1. twclark2

twclark2 Junior Member

How do you guys word it on your proposals when storms are over 6 inches? Most people have a 3 inch trigger, but when it snows 18 inches or more and you have to plow 3 or 4 times.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

its either per push or seasonal which means you plow till it stops snowing.
  3. cdmckane

cdmckane Member

I plow per push on all accounts. My clients know that, during a big storm, that I may have to plow twice, 3x, or more to keep their properties clear. I don't put amounts into my contracts. I don't let the snow build up, but I don't plow every inch either. I plow when necessary, but not excessively.

The wording in my contracts is "Customer agrees to allow contractor to decide if snow plowing is warranted based upon snow accumulations at customer’s particular location. Customer understands that snow accumulations may vary throughout the area, and that accumulations in one section of area are not necessarily indicative of the accumulation at the customer’s particular location"

This has served me well. YMMV
  4. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

I'm per hour or per push
  5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Im per push, but if it gets crazy, which does happen from time to time, I have this in my contract to cover additional plow times. I usually only have to use it once or twice a season. The following is how I word it in my contract:

3. Blizzards: In the event of extreme amounts of snow fall in a short period of time, After Hours Snowplowing reserves the right to charge additional visits to cover any additional cost incurred by longer plow times. The number of visits billed will not be more than the depth of snow removed divided by the clients’ normal trigger. Example: 8 inches of snow falls in 3 hours, Clients normal trigger is 2 inches, Client could be billed up to 4 visits for that event (but most likely would be billed no more than 2 visits).

I cant think of a time where I ever billed more than 2 visits for one stop
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You're supposed to plow with the storm so your trigger depth is never exceeded. (Sarcasm)
  7. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

they have to stay there (for a legit service), they wont admit it . but ask them what they do when its coming down 2-3" an hour for 6 hours . per pushers get boned . or their customers do .

even if they were there and went to the next lot , it would never look like it and they still bill the customer for a push . what a joke .

what im trying to say is , you cant possibly perform a decent service running thru a lot and say " i was there " when it will not look like it .

that per push scam dont work around here .
  8. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

then its not billed per push . is it ? its a back out clause .
    you guys would NEVER survive around here .
  9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah...you supposed to have a dedicated truck for every site that you have with a dedicated employee or you'll never survive in philly. There's only one guy on here knows how to make money on snow.:rolleyes:
  10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Where is JD?:confused:
  11. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I think he's sick of me...

His Dad brought him to the open house at Stewart's (case/kubota/Ford dealer) and bought him some burgers about a month ago...he wore his JD hat. He might be stuck in a field, it's been pretty wet here.