1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

word on the Fisher poly-caster

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by larryhd, Oct 8, 2008.

1. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

Anyone have any experience with the Fisher-poly caster like to know what people think
    thanks
    larry

2. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

help

can any help me out with this

3. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

spreader

Does anyone run these spreaders

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Do a search for either that spreader or the tornado. Same things. It's been discussed.

5. drumbo

drumbo Member

I have one...and I love it. It fits my shortbed truck very well. It also has the lids for it which was an asset. We were able to get around 2 tons into it when we put some 2X6's along the edges of it.

At first, I had to adjust the belt and get that working well enough. Other than that, I would strongly encourage anyone to get one. I know they might be a little on the entry-level, but I spread around 20 tons/yards (whatever) of 50/50 SALT/SAND through it with ease. We did have it freeze up one time, which sucks no matter what kind of spreader you use.

I love it.

6. Ruanolik

Ruanolik Member
    from Maine

Ran one last year, no major problems. You will have to adjust the belt a couple times as it stretches. I would recomend puting in 3/4 load for its first run, then adjusting the belt, then a full load and adjust the belt more if needed.

Other than the set screw holding the belt wheel to the top of the spinner coming out, and a broken chain link, no problems.