1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Word Of Advise!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Turf Masters, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

If you are young and just starting out,don't be shy about asking questions.There is no such thing as a stupid question when one is eager to learn.Yes you will make mistakes,but we all do.This is a process we all go through.When you get enough experience under your belt and someone asks you for advise,give it to them.Remember your roots.Be a nice guy!

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

well said.:)
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Well said. Always be nice to your fellow plowers, you never know when you are going to need them. A wave as you pass each other makes everyone's day or night a little nicer. I was amazed by how nice everyone was when I first started.
  4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Question for all you seasoned contractors

I've been sub'ing for 4 years now. I've tried everything, flyers, pounding the pavement talking to managers, handing out business cards, and nothing!

I don't know what's wrong, I know I'm competitive with my pricing (but I'm not low balling to cut other people's nuts). It just seems like they stick with the big a$$ landscaping companies that do a crappy job....to say the least. What can I do better to try and get some contracts around here so I'm not stuck sub'ing forever? Thanks.