1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Woowoowoo, got another contract

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LoneCowboy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

For about 10 different (very small) properties, but all very tight and in town (so I can use my tractors).
    Now I can put all the tractors and trucks to work.
    payup payup payup

I need more bodies now though. :yow!:

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

congrats on the contract but the way i look at it is,
    equipment is easy to find, they'll sell you all you want, it's the trustworthey human component that is dificult to produce,
    we have seen it for years last year alone we had 5hands that did'nt even put in a full 40 hrs and those over 40hrs averaged approx 20 hrs per week but the bad thing of it is we do not limit hours or layoff. nobody around my part of the contry wants to work? idunno why

i wish you luck and snow this winter

3. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I find that too, not many want to work. The other thing I find is that then all of a sudden they want to work and you don't have much on the go, or don't really want to help them out much pay their bills cause when you needed them they werent around. Congrats on the contracts, rake in that cash this year boys.:drinkup:

4. DCJ inc.

DCJ inc. Member

this year we are supposed to get slammed with that wonderful white stuff. But where to find hte help that is the question.. there are 3 people that I know would plow for me but they all have other obligations..so I'm kind of at a loss.. any words or wisdom?

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

good luck:eek:

6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

because they are lazy, no good, thinks the world owes them something, bums, that just plain suck.

congrats on your contract cowboy!!!!!!

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Bribrius, notice the date of the original post?

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's what I was thinking. LOL

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I hate it when that happens

10. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

LOL.....

Im just gonna pretend I posted the original post.

Here is an update:

Well, we got FREAKIN SLAMMED with snowfall after snowfall. I didn't sleep nor see my kids or my wife.
    I lost 4 big contracts cuz I couldn't keep up. Got burned on some cash for salt and pretty much lost my freakin mind with snow.

I couldnt care less if I ever say another flake as long as I live and now HATE, I repeat, HATE that w**re called Mother Nature.

And since this is MY update, I ended up losing those 10, easy, close contracts.

End of update.

11. DCJ inc.

DCJ inc. Member

If you need a hug im here for ya buddy..lol..are you being serious?

12. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Was it a two year contract?

lol

prsport

13. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

LOL. The only truth to that is I never want to see another flake. I didnt sleep, eat or have nookie during the last winter. I was too tired, overworked but greatly overpaid.

14. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i dont know about last year i hate to complain but january was a little light on the white stuff LOL

15. DCJ inc.

DCJ inc. Member

thats why a few times a season you gotta bring the nookie with ya and pull over fro a quicky..

16. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Its not my style, but some find nookie hanging out on street corners.