1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Woops! Got The Single Axle Stuck!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DIESELRAM30, Dec 18, 2004.

DIESELRAM30 Member

Got my single axle stuck yesterday. I was backing up a path made by an excavator off the side of this guys driveway, i was about 5 feet from where he wanted me to dump the stone, then uh-oh the front end slid to the left and that was that. I tried to dig it out and rock it and I even used boards, nothing worked. So 3 hours later I got a backhoe on site and low and behold I got out. Put me behind schedule and I didn't get finished until 8 last night. Oh well sometimes bad things happen.

DIESELRAM30 Member

and another pic

3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Whats the turning radius on that truck?
  4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

any damage?

DIESELRAM30 Member

The truck it self turns on a dime, i am not sure of the exact radius but i can find out, as far as damage there was none......well except my pride,I hate when errors happen. :realmad:
  6. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Glad to hear nothing happened.
  7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Even hate it worse when someone has a camera. Wait till you get it into a position you have to empty the back by hand to get it out.

DIESELRAM30 Member

LOL I had the camera, well actually my camera phone. And i did have to empty my load, had 11 ton of 3/4 stone on, and i will tell you this the truck was leaning pretty good to the left, thought it was going to go over but it didn't.
  9. Newfie Plow

Newfie Plow Junior Member

When you speak of Pride, you might wanna rethink/reword your bottom message " if you can't drive in the snow get off the road!!!!!! Or I will permanently imbed you in a snowbank" J/K LOL Glad to see that you came out of that one O.K. Did you unload your truck with an excavator ? Or did you chance it and raise the hoist ?

DIESELRAM30 Member

I had to raise the body to unload, it wasn't easy though having the truck on that angle. And I can drive very well..just sometimes things don't go your way lol......as we can all see.
  11. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

I give you credit for even showing those pictures,most guys would never admit to doing something like that.hope everything and everybody is in good condition...
  12. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

You're from (or based out of) Chester Twp....right?

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Glad you are OK. I've seen a few go over, now that ain't no fun!

DIESELRAM30 Member

I have no problems showing the pics, it doesn't matter how good of a driver you are sometimes things just happen. And those who say they don't make mistakes are the ones who make the most, because they are over confident and forget what it means to take your time. I spend most of my time going in reverse lol but sometimes the unexpected things happen, when my front end shfted left and went down that embankment I knew that was it. And yea everything came out alright.
  15. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Or a Mud bank lol