1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WooHoo, getting a back drag blade installed

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lowell_Ma_Snow, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Lowell_Ma_Snow

Lowell_Ma_Snow Member

Phyced, this Friday I'm getting a fabricated back drag blade attaches to the trip plate of the 8' Fisher and while I'm at it I'll replace my cutting blade, which has seen better days. Luckily the previous furniture company that owned the truck before me had Timbrens installed. This should make quick work in the driveways and dead spots. I'll post pics Friday.
  2. jimcouture

jimcouture Junior Member

Did you ever have a backblade installed and do you have any pictures?
  3. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

how good do they work any better than just the blades edge ?
  4. Lowell_Ma_Snow

Lowell_Ma_Snow Member

Here's the link to a few pics I took when I had it installed. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=77455 It added and extra 80lbs and hangs low so when I take a turn with the blade up it nicks the pavement. I also need to add Timbrens to my front end because of the extra weight. I had the back drag blade installed towards the end of the winter season. Other than that it works great for dragging snow from a customers garage door rather than the cutting blade edge flattening the snow and making it slick packed snow. So it's had it's good points and some bad. If I were to do it over I wouldn't of had a full cutting blade installed to reduce the weight and how low it hangs. I'm sure there's a few good ideas for a back drag blades that will work just as well.
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I thought the truck already had timbrens? Did you wind up replacing the stock bolts with bigger ones?
  6. Lowell_Ma_Snow

Lowell_Ma_Snow Member

No unfortunatly it didn't have Timbrens installed and when I was ready to have them installed other unexpected priorities came up that needed repair on the truck, replaced the right front hub, new brake lines all around and a motor that engages my 4x4 in gear crapped out on me during plowing. I don't have a garage to do the work and to be seen crawling under my truck would jeopardized a situation to be a very costly mistake.