1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Woodacres

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by woodacres, Jan 29, 2007.

1. woodacres

woodacres Junior Member

Hello all, question for you I am here in mid-Michigan and am currently charging $150.00 per hour to plow and $300.00 per spread-ed ton is that reasonable?

2. CJSLAWNSERVICE

CJSLAWNSERVICE Senior Member

Your plowing rate seems pretty much the norm , but from what I hear you sell bulk rock salt for 2x what you paid or near 100/ton not 300 , but whatever will pay the bills and keep the customers happy!! xysport

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

the salt rate seams high but thats only me. That may work if you only put 500 - 800 lbs

4. woodacres

woodacres Junior Member

Thanks

thanks for the replies I appreciate your input. I am wanting to branch out on my own next year and want to be in the ballpark figures of what everyone else is charging. I really have no idea on what to charge for salting. I currently get a full yard of salt for the price of $52.00