1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wood season is hear!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bharry20, Sep 22, 2008.

1. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

Wood season is here!

hauling some wood home this weekend. one more load like this and i should be set for the season.

truck 011.jpg

truck 009.jpg

truck 008.jpg

truck 007.jpg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

how much do you burn in a season? hope you strapped those logs down lol

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

LOL, that dosen look like a lot of wood

4. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

i burn about twenty face cords a season. yeah the trailer had two ratchet straps and the winch line cinched down. by the time i got the camera out my dad had it all undone and was ready to unload, all i wanted to do was rest!:sleeping:

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

10 cords a season, thats pretty good. do you have a wood burning furnace?

6. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

yeah i heat my entire place with it, about 1700 sq. ft. total.

stove.jpg

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't know wood could hear....:alien::eek::rolleyes:

8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

LOL how many cord u think is on the trailer?

9. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

yeah me and my buddy split about two chords of wood this weekend. its goin to be a cold winter

10. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

yeah my bad, it's been a long day!

i figure about 4 face cords on the trailer, 2ish in the back of the truck.

11. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

is the logs on truck and trailer green or dry ? alot of people are going back too good old wood this winter :nod:

12. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Got WOOD??

I sold all of my firewood last week about 10 cords in 1 day delivered, my total for the season is 20 cords totalpayup, and i'm starting a new pile tommorrow, that wood won't be ready till mid winter:eek:

13. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

they were standing dead. very few have moisture in them. nothing that won't dry out by the time it goes in the stove.

14. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

thats the way to so it clean out the forest of some standing dead timber .i do like the fact that can cut right off you trailer :D

15. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Ive never looked into it before, but whats a cord? I know its a measurement, but how much is a cord?

16. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

nice , a lot of folks are going back to the basics of using wood to heat. it will be good to get dead timbers out of the forest so the live plants/timbers can thrive as long as people know what there doing when there felling trees :confused:

17. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

there is two types of firewood cords, pulp cords and face cords. a face cord is 18" wide, 4' tall, and 8' long. a pulp cord is (correct me if i'm wrong) 8' wide, 8' long, 4' tall stacked.

we are taking all of this off my stepdads 10 acres just to clean it up a bit instead of having a logging company come in and mess the entire place up with heavy machinery

18. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

A regular cord of wood, as firewood is measured, cut & sold by, is 128 cubic feet, normally measured as 8' long, 4' high. 4' wide. A person can't get a full cord of wood on a longbed pickup without side-racks, especially if it's cut into stove lengths.

19. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Hmm that looks like alot of work, I'll stick with my bags of wood pellets. $600/year for 3 tons and I'm all set.

20. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

By law in most (if not all) states, there is only one measurement for a cord - 128 cubic feet.