1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Won't turn left ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by oilcan, Feb 2, 2009.

1. oilcan

oilcan Junior Member

i know you guys heard this before , but i replaced the c valve and solenoid on my meyer e 60 the dam thing still will not turn left ! the motor is running but seams like it is stuck or something ! any ideas ? thanks

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Start by going through the diag section of the manual and let us know what you find... E60 Service Manual

3. oilcan

oilcan Junior Member

thanks , i check it all earlier, and the manual said to replace the c valve and solenoid ! i did but it still does not work ! fluid is full. it said that i need to check the cross relief valve ? or something to that nature ! so i'll keep at it . i'll let ya know incase someone else ever has this problem ! thanks again

4. jimz2500

jimz2500 Member

Check your hose fittings

5. oilcan

oilcan Junior Member

took my hose fittings off the left side and replaced with new one ! then the dam thing wouldn't turn either way . so i took off the new one put the old one back on , and guess what ? it works fine now ! WTF ? is there such thing as hydro lock ? as in vapor lock ? beats the hell out of me unless there was a little speck of dirt in the fitting ! thanks for all the help guys !!!! :salute:

6. jimz2500

jimz2500 Member

:dizzy: you got me

I have witnessed fittings do strange things

glad it's working!

7. oilcan

oilcan Junior Member

yea, i told a guy this morning that you mentioned something about the fittings ! he said you could be right , that they have ball bearings in them , and the can go bad ! SO GOOD CALL AND THANKS !