1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wont stay up

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Nfiore89, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Nfiore89

Nfiore89 Junior Member

I have a 2004 blizzard stright blade that came on the truck i bought. I am having some issues with it:

First off it kept popping the remote fuse then the toggle switch on the site of the joy stick would move. So i opened up the remote and found that 60% of the wires inside were melted together so i cut out all the melted wires and added new wires and connectors the the remote opened up the wire going from the remote to the fire wall plug and found some wires in there that were melted together cut and fixed that. Still had issues with the plow staying up. It would go left right up but as soon as you hit down then back up the plow would keep dropping slow unless you lifted the plow up and turned the remote off. So i replaced S5 Coil and valve that did nothing. I read something online saying that it could be one of the pins on the plug that connects the plow to the truck. I cut that off and made a plug. That still didnt fix the issue. I am currently taking out the S8 Valve and coil and cleaning it.. Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do? Please help.
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Saw the title and thought we were going somewhere else....
  3. Nfiore89

Nfiore89 Junior Member

Do you know how to solve this problem? In my post i probably should of read it before i posted it. The toggle switch on the remote wouldnt move.
  4. tpendagast

tpendagast Member

Did you check your FC for bypass, leaking or looseness?
  5. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

had the same issues before and it was caused by moisture in the plug, take the plug apart where it is hooked to your truck and dry it out and grease it real good worked for me both times I had same issue.