1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wont shift with Plow on

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jonnywong, Mar 4, 2013.

1. jonnywong

jonnywong Member

Hey guys...I got a weird issue with my 2003 GMC 2500hd. This is the 3rd season I have been plowing with it and its ran great up until recently. The issue is this...It doesn't want to shift out of 2nd, but ONLY when the plow is attached - FYI its a 8' curtis snowpro. It seems to run and shift fine when the plow isn't attached.
    Also, we also just had the transmission completely rebuilt by a reputable shop and they took a look at it only to find no issues with the transmission internally. It appears there might be an electrical problem?? something conflicting with the plow maybe? If anyone can give me some ideas I appreciate it.

2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Check the grounds? or loose connections? never heard of this problem.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Check your plow jumper wire is in an accessory fuse and not a trans fuse.

4. chevboy167

chevboy167 Member

Like Mr.Markus said. Check wire tap location for controller power. Plow wiring has nothing to do with trans. How hot the trans temp gauge showing? Same as before? Dielectric grease all trans. and transfercase wire plugs?

5. chevboy167

chevboy167 Member

Any update on the "Wont shift with plow on" problem???