1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wont move

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by emayer23, Mar 17, 2007.

1. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

lights all work switch is lite up plow wont move up or down right left doesnt even try what up?when i last parked it i tapped the edge of drivway with it

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

First check the connector between the truck and the plow to be sure it's making contact, if it's ok, have a helper hold the control button in the raise function (with the controller turned on of course) and check the small white/black wire on the under hood solenoid for power. Now check the small brown wire on it for ground. If its got power and ground but the solenoid doesn't click when you operate the controller, then more than likely your under hood solenoid is bad.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  3. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

i cleaned the connections ,the solenoid isnt clicking, i have headlights so power and ground must be good

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The lights are on there own circuit. They have nothing to do with the plow moving or not.

They (lights) have nothing to do with this solenoid.

Fallow B&B's suggestions, if there is power to the solenoid and it does not click
    replace it.

Even if the light on the controller is on, go back and cheek all connections and plugs.

Is there an in-line fuse?

5. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

there is a glass fuse looks good. ru more inclined to think connection under hood or on plow itself i ve checked all connections and they look good i dont kow where the solenoid is or how to replace it

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look at your battery. It will have an extra cable coming off the positive side that isn't a factory cable. Follow this cable and it will lead you right to the under hood solenoid. The solenoid will have two large cables and two small wire on it. The two small ones are the ones you want to check with the test light like I mentioned in my first post.