1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wont lift or turn western unimount

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jmatthes, Dec 4, 2011.

1. jmatthes

jmatthes Junior Member
    from wi

My unimount with solenoid mark IIIA worked fine when I took it off last spring but doesn't now motor runs but doens't lift or turn when I crack hoses to blade angle oil comes out and sprays and blade will turn to right regardless of which hose I crack or which way I push on control

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

wiring issues. ck pwr and gnds, grill pin connectors.

3. jmatthes

jmatthes Junior Member
    from wi

ground is good however i don't seem to be getting any power to any of the three coils that control the spools

4. dieselss

Does your controller light up when you turn it on?

5. jmatthes

jmatthes Junior Member
    from wi

the controller lights up and activates the motor however when I put a volt meter to the terminals of the three coils and try to activate them I don't get any voltage to any of them if I put my tester on the ground at the coils and the positive tip to the battery I get a full 12 vt so my ground must be good. I also have a second controller that I tried with the same results

6. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

are you testing the truck side? the pins turn green and fall off eventually so check that out, i had to cut mine off last year and used an aftermarket waterproof connector....if its good then follow the harness up and see if its been cut by the firewall etc

7. jmatthes

jmatthes Junior Member
    from wi

I have been testing at the plow the connection between truck and plow has had dielectric grease on it all the time and are in good condition however I have not checked at the firewall. where the two relays are I checked there and changes the wires from one to the other my lights worked in both cases but not the plow

8. dieselss

Check power at the controller connector in the cab. See if u have pwr in, and pwr coming out when you lift or angle, etc... That should be a good starting point

9. LaytonTruck

LaytonTruck Junior Member