1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wont hook up

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Stud Bro, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

OK So got in the mood yester day to change the fluid in the v plow hooked it up to the truck and changed it went off with out a hitch cleaned the filter and re assembled no big deal right. So i test it all works great seams to be a little faster now too. So great crack a :drinkup:beer and relax right. So i pull over to un hook get out flip the switch get back in to lift the tower and pop blow a fuse ( what the ****:angry:) so change the fuse hit it again POP Get out open up the cover everything looks good no loose wires every thing good traced all the wires all looks good. so i up the fuse to a 15 amp and when i hit up a the controller it just makes the noise like when u lift the plow all the way and continue to hold the up button ( very bad description sorry) I like to think of my self as some what mechanical but i have been messing with it for a day and cant figure it out so give me your 2 cents thanks

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I am sure you should go back to the correct fuse, the fuse is not the problem and icreasing the fuse just puts everything else at risk (wiring, switchs, motor,relays)

More juice through the system can do more harm than good.

Somehow you have to much load on the system.

What plow type? Year? or mounting style do you have (RT 2, 3 ??) that will go a long what to trouble shooting and getting you up and running. If your not sure a photo will work fine.

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe Another BEER...I don't know how much you took apart but maybe you might of tightened some to much worth a thought....

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Is it possible you pinched a wire when you put everything back together?

5. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

Rt 2 ? dont know the year but it has the old style lights and used to have the center pick befor i added the new edges heres a link http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=50874 anyways i will knock the fuse back down and as far as kinking a wire i looked and they all look great i dont under stand it the only thing that i can think is there is air in the line anyone else go there 2 cents hit me

6. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

hey dose any one have a wiring diagram for my plow might be a good place to start thanks for your help in advance

7. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

come on some body has to know somthing

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it has a smart hitch toggle on the light tower then it isn't an RT2..and the fact that you mentioned that you flipped the toggle and then got in the truck to control the tower tells me it's early smart hitch (approx'98-'01). So it's an RT3 with Smart Hitch 1. :waving:

If you bump the control functions without the SH switch flipped does it still blow the fuse? If not, then the SH switch is shorted out.

9. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

i knew B&B would have the answer thats got to be it because it wont blow a fuse when the switch is flipped the other way i will try it tomorrow and see what happens thanks for your help

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

"Shorted" also includes anything connected TO the switch so be sure to check the wires and the SH valve coil as well. :waving: