1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

won't drop

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dadam, Nov 29, 2008.

1. dadam

dadam Junior Member

Im having troubles getting my plow to lower/float? it angles and raises but it wont lower. the yellow light comes on when its supposed to. which solenoid does what function. got it used no manual. fixed it last year and worked mint. pulled it out this year and this. any imput would be appreciated.:help:
  2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

what type of plow?
  3. dadam

dadam Junior Member

hiniker straight 7'6" about an 01 i believe
  4. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

put it away and it worked fine.. took it out and it has an issue.. my experience at a first guess would say mouse got at a wire someplace is it stored indoors or out in the weather? could water be an issue for rust on a ground or something.. how bout the wires under the hood one of them didnt melt or break over the summer.. how about the hook up are the terminals corroded im just talking out loud here just some places to start looking
  5. dadam

dadam Junior Member

thats exactly what i did last night and i found the issue. i hate letting other people work under my hood. one of the connectors (the one for the float) wasnt crimped all the way. thanx for the help and the ideas guys.