1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wont angle

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 2010plowman, Dec 4, 2014.

1. 2010plowman

2010plowman Junior Member

Hey guys I'm new to the fourm I have western mark 111a the lift and down works great but will not angle right or left what's wrong

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Conventional plow? Cable operated?

3. 2010plowman

Cable operated ajusted 4 way so it has same travel still no movement

4. 2010plowman

Also replaced pump and changed fluid

5. 2010plowman

I adjusted the lift valve out to where the plow would not raise and then slowly turned back in, still nothing, pulled rotor off,looks good ,o rings good put back on, nothing

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you getting signal? Is the solenoid clicking when you go left or right?
    Have you cked westerns website? They have repair manuals there

7. 2010plowman

Solenoid is clicking, I downloaded manual,going to change quick couplers. Tnks.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  8. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

is the motor kicking on when the solenoid clicks?

9. 2010plowman

Ya the motor runs,solenoid clicks,plow raises and lowers but will not angle left or right

10. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

That will be a valve adjustment issue if pump is running and joystick is in left or right angle position.

11. 2010plowman

I have adjusted the lift valve out till the plow will not raise then I turned the valve back in at 1/8 turns till the plow raises,still. The plow won't angle. I don't know what else to do.

12. mishnick

I know from my Western course that the cable plow valve adjustment is hard to get right. Do you have a manual or are you just going in intuition?

13. 2010plowman

No I have a manual, I've done everything except change quick connectors,I think

14. mishnick

Hydraulic connectors don't often fail in a way that would cause your problem. You have 3? One for each agle and one for lift ram? Lift the plow off the ground then disconnect the two angle ram hoses from the pump. Then move the blade manually. If pu can move it right and left and fluid comes out the hoses the the quick connects are fine.

15. 2010plowman

I disconnected the hoses,turned blade,both directions,no fluid coming out of couplers

16. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I had a friend call me once with the same symptoms, I told him to bring it by...
    When he took the plow off he connected the angle Rams together and the angle hose to the pump with the quick connectors.
    Don't know if thats what you've done, but pretty funny if you did and easy fix.

17. mishnick

No fluid will flow through the couplers unless the male and females couplers are connected to open the valves. With the couplers disconnected (if I understand correctly) the valves would be closed and the Rams would be locked unless they are full of air.

18. 2010plowman

No,theirs two hoses,left goes top 4way coupling,right goes,bottom 4way coupling, right being on drivers side

19. 2010plowman

With the hoses connected,I angle the blade manualy,u can hear fluid (air) going throw motor

20. mishnick

Now I remember. The couplers are right on the hydro unit. If you can move the blade and hear fluid / air in the hydro unit then we are back to valve adjustment. The valves should be closed locking the blade in position unless the joystick is being held in right or left angle.