1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by the_machine, Nov 10, 2007.

1. the_machine

the_machine Junior Member

was wondering how much yall charged for commercial and private plowin
  2. a lot depends on ,where you are, how much snow fall estimate, how many inches[2''] before u drop the blade,do they want dry ashphalt, what ??,where do you place the snow, do they want it hauled away[this is where u make money] WHAT ??? a lot of different factors to be calculated,i expect to drop as much as 35 times personally , but we have 2'' drop and a lot of dry ashphalt clients,bank,liquor store,senior citizen home ect.,good luck , your in the right place,safty first,have fun , i remain gary
  3. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

As much as I can get. Seriously, your question is way to general for a specific answer.
  4. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

These guys are right. Pretty vague question. Plenty to read on here. Do some searching and try back when you have more specific questions.
  5. try @ $60.00 per hour,canadian,or $12.00/$14.00 per driveway,REMEMBER !!!! gravel is a pain in the ass if u not experianced .i backdrag to set the frost.or/set the feet low , to keep the blade up , . saftey first , have fun , i remain gary snow
  6. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

$12-14 per driveway?? How big are these driveways? One passers?
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I kind of wondered about that, too, Jeff. But I figured maybe Gary was just jerking the guy's chain. The lowest minimum I think I've seen on here is $20. And that would be for a one-car wide, two- or three- car long area with no backdrag with side by side driveways.. Just push straight in and pile at the end.
  8. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

$20.00 for me gets you a pushed parking space along the street with a pile at the end of the push. I do clean the sidewalk if it goes over the curb. My minimum for a driveway is $35.00.
  9. evertonyardcare

evertonyardcare Junior Member
    from ny

:yow!: !: I am lost in the per pop snow plow world - I need info on how to rate a contract for the season based on 15.00 a pop per snow fall:dizzy::help: : :confused:
  10. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Ok, ignoring that I think $15 isn't enough to bother with - I think you're asking how to figure a price for a seasonal contract. You will need to know the average number of snowfalls that you can expect to push over the winter. That will depend on the trigger for plowing and the level of service the customer wants. For that, you will need some historical records, which most guys keep on their own territories. Then simply do the math and try for a multiple-year contract to take advantage of the law of averages.