1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wondering where i can buy square steel tubing in southern NH

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ram_tough2001, Jul 23, 2010.

1. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

i dont know if im posting in the right spot, but im wondering where i can purchase about 20+- feet of 2x2 square steel tubing. i want to make my own backrack but i dont know where to get the steel. if anyone has an idea please let me know. i live in southern NH. any help is appreciated. thanks.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Your local steel shop should be able to sell you some. Or any fab shop. Try looking in the phone book for a steel distributor. We've got one in our area and anyone can go there and buy any type of steel they need.
  3. ram_tough2001

as far as i know there isnt a local steel shop around here. thats why im asking. and as far as fab shops go i dont know of any either.
  4. Averysdad

Averysdad Member

5. ram_tough2001

wow i feel like an idiot there are 2 of these stores near me. one in rochester and one in dover. i never thought about going through them. thanks averysdad!!
  6. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Try Novel ironworks in Portsmouth you can see their yard from I95
  7. ram_tough2001

i will give them a call tomorrow. fastenal is about 160 for 20 ft. of 2x2" .120(11 gauge) wall square tubing.
  8. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Fastenal will pork ya $$$ If u dont mind a bit of a drive and u'll still save big.Call Haverhill steel in Haverhill MA.They have close to whole sale prices 978 372 0751