1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wondering what up state NY or Maine pays?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by john mc, Nov 9, 2010.

1. john mc

john mc Member

I am looking to move west to upstate NY .where I move to will depend on where i can find work for my FWD. I would like to get some where I can pow and spread salt or sand.
    Does anyone know what town hires subs or if the state hires trucks?I have 20 years of plowing exp .MY truck is well equipped . What is the average pay rate out there?

SI850028 plow3.jpg

102_1451.jpg

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Very few of the towns that I know of hire subs. The city of Rochester does, from what I've seen routes average 6-800/trip. They call you out. I know one spring there was a big article that they had saved 1 million $, they only called the contractors in once. We do work for one school district, plow only they salt. The county of monroe hires for both on some stuff. That rig is awesome BTW. You would probably be better off finding a contractor (s) that does areas with roadways, plow for a couple hours then start salting lots or getting into a large industrial park doing their roadways.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  3. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

Most of all NY has their own trucks. Cant think of any cities or towns that sub like MA.

4. john mc

john mc Member

thanks guys that would really stink to get called for one storm. I would love to move to the tug hill area. or just a little east of there.

5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

.MY truck is well equipped . What is the average pay rate out there?[/QUOTE]

Well equipped? that is freakin AWESOME !!!!! good luck, hope you make a bundle