1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wondering if.............. ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by buker2006, Nov 21, 2013.

1. buker2006

buker2006 Junior Member
    from Ontario

I have an old wester plow , unimount with isometric pump old school good stuff i love it . i have a question . its always been wired with what i believe is old school arctic rocker switch box. it works but its big and clumbsy. i have a meyer touch pad controller that was given too me simple wiring has ground power three wires to the coils , seems pretty universal. what i guess i am asking has anyone ever tryed to connect one of these to a western plow ?

i would like to make this a little cleaner but not want to buy a new controller if this might work....

hope someone can help

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

It's been thought of. And discussed here. You need to match up the functions to the correct wiring.

3. buker2006

buker2006 Junior Member
    from Ontario

thank you i thought i would try that as well, but reading on meyers something keeps coming up about their pumps "default left angle" and that is the part that is confusing me . i look at the wiring diagram seems simple to do but i dont want to mess up a good harness if this cant be done . thanks a punch for anymore feed back

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well what you would have to do is find out how many signal wires activate for, let's say left. If the controller doesn't use any, well them you might have a hard time on your hands b/c western uses let's say 2 coils for left so there would be your issue

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Won't work Meyer only runs the motor for left. So Meyer controller sends no valve signal for left. Western, like Diesel said, uses valves to go left. So to operate two valves with Meyer control you would have to tie the two wires together which would mess up other functions.