1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wondering if you guys can help me pick out some new tires

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by XxChevy-HDxX, Jul 15, 2010.

1. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Hi im new here on plowsite. But anyways pretty soon im changing my tires on my 06 Silverado 2500hd so i thought you guys can tell me good all terrain tires. Right now im looking at some Good Year Wrangler Duratrac tires. What do you think of the Duratrac's?

:help:

2. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Wrangler SilentArmor are a really good all around tire also if you wanna stay near Good Year

3. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

They are good tires too. But i talked to my dealer about the silent armor and duratrac and the guy told me that Duratrac is a more agressive tire better for off road snow and so on but he also said the duratrac are 18 dollars cheaper just because they dont have kelvar like the silent armor does. But silent armor is on my list but looking more foward to duratrac. But what other tires except for Good Year?

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i have always run genral grabbers always worked well for me on pick and duallys if this helps at all

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

BF Goodrich All Terains or General Grabber AT2

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

general grabber at2 thats what i run could not think of the model

7. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

General Gabber look beefed up and the Bfg all terrains..... But the one that most attracted me was the Duratrac because look at them they look really cool they look like mud terrain tires but all terrain....But thanks for the help guys and ill look into the tires.

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The only thing is the General Grabber AT2 is made in Mexico and the BF Goodrich AT is made in the USA.

9. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Bridgestone dualer AT revo2, AWESOME snow tire, decent rain tire, a little noisy on the dry road.

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Their a nice tire, as long as you stay far away from mud of any kind with them. I have them on my 06 2500hd and they plug up instantly when they get into some mud. Doesn't matter if it's 2" deep or 8" deep, your doomed.

I'm going with the duratrac's for my next set of tires.

And why's this in pics??

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  12. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

I have nitto terra grapperlers on my 2002 2500hd duramax they are a really smooth riding tire

13. Mike_13

Mike_13 Member

Just got home from getting a set of 265/75/16 DuraTracs mounted on my 05 2500. Gotta tell ya, I like the way they look. Not overly loud on the freeway either. I wish it wasn't bone dry here, I would like to try them out in a some mud.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  14. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

I was also looking at those tires they look cool too:)

15. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

:salute:
    Duratrac's are deffinitly cool i thing those are gonna me my set of tires

16. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

Yeah Duratracs are awsome i thing those are gonna be my new set of tires. The tires i have are still from when i bought the truck they are bridge stone v steel tires i dont like that much and not so great in snow. :laughing:

[​IMG]

17. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Last year I ran 5 sets of silent armor's for the past 2 years and absolutely love them. I did purchase a set of the Dura Tracs last year and they rock! I would say that the silent armors seem to wear fast in the summer months. We only got maybe 30k out of a set but it is what it is. In the snow and rain they hook up great. I have some side incline lots I plow and no other tire has performed like the silent armors.

18. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Liked the grabber at2 until I got 20 k out of them and where done. garbage

19. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

i had good luck with the grabber at2 never had any traction issues in any setting. not sure on the milage, rolled the truck with bout 20 k on them but they still had over half the tread though. dang insurance wouldn't let me buy them back...