1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wondering if its been done

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bad93blaster, Jan 2, 2010.

1. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

went to look at 99 chevy 3500 dump truck 4x4 6x6 whatever you call it. was told it comes with the plow and it is in the bed of the truck. come to find out yea 10ft fisher mm. im thinking way to much for the truck. just wondering if it could be done. truck is a good deal and i think im buying anyways. just wondering if anyone has done it on a 1ton? already had a couple of friends offer me a 9ft x-blade if thats what your thinking.
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

is it diesel
  3. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

way to big of a blade that ***** is meant for a friggen 650 or something
  4. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

its only a little 5.7 in there
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a beat to heck truck or a mix match of parts to help sell the truck.

and 10 ft would be mc series for f450-f550 and bigger stuff . not a 3500. unless its a rear 3500hd truck then yes 10ft would be o.k.

you got pics or link to sale ad. ?
  6. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

the plow is thrown in to help the sale it was on a 466 international last year.
    no link it belongs to a friends farther (used car dealer)
  7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

well if you want it buy it.

sell the 10ft setup.

buy a good 8.6 v blade or 9ft reguler style blade setup for it.
  8. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

That's way too much plow for a 3500 Chevy - expecially with the IFS. Like somebody else said, take it with the truck (if it's a good deal), and then sell the plow and get the right one for the truck. I wouldn't put anything wider that a 9' plow on that type of truck.
  9. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

its already going up for trade. i was just wondering if anybody has done it before