1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wondering about insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Lucfw, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Hi, I am wondering about insurance. What would I need if I where doing a few residental driveways. I would want to have the truck to drive in the summer to. I am just looking for rough price. Also what would you do if you where working for a compony with your own personal truck and plow? The truck would say be a 2000 Chevy Silverodo 1500. It would have a 7' 6'' boss with the boss tail gate spreader Also what would you regestur it under commercial or personal?. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. Diesel_1

Diesel_1 Junior Member
    from NJ

I'm looking for insurance too. I called a few local agents and one told me it would be $1625 for $1Million worth of coverage for the 6 month season. With only 2 months left I would still have to pay full price up front, so I think I'll wait until next year.

3. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

wow i herd that the insurance would hurt but i did not think that much wow :realmad: thanks

4. Diesel_1

Diesel_1 Junior Member
    from NJ

Remember, that's a price in corrupt NJ! Some of our agents here are just like used car salesman!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  5. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

ya that is trure but i think they are all like that. I think the prices would range abit but not a hole lot.

6. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

My year round general liability business insurance is less than 1/3 of that. My liability and insurance on my dump truck year round are about that price for the year.

It depends largely on where you live and what kind of riders you have and what vehicle it is. Easiest thing to do is simply call you insurance provider and discuss the possibility of you doing it. If they wouldn't cover it check with another company.

good Luck

7. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

well that good news. Thanks

8. Diesel_1

Diesel_1 Junior Member
    from NJ

I finally found a insurance Co. here in NJ that has 12 month polices that I don't have to give them 100% up front!!

9. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

congratz, better deal than before?

10. Diesel_1

Diesel_1 Junior Member
    from NJ

Almost the same deal, a little more

11. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

but thats for 12 policy though. so what i have hurd thats a good deal from where i am from.

12. Diesel_1

Diesel_1 Junior Member
    from NJ

Thanks! Yes, 12 months with payments! Unlike all the rest of the companies I called that want the entire amount up front for 6 months or 1 week of coverage! My coverage will be Feb.-Feb. I was getting so fed up, that was the last Ins. Co. I was going to call and was just going to wait til Nov. I lucked out!

13. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

nice, that a really good deal, congratz.