1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wonderfull world of GM Error Codes?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by misanthrope, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Hey all, Error 43 and 32. Replaced EGR and Knock sensor. Motor is a fresh rebuilt 350. Only thing that was not cleaned was the intake. Before it was rebuilt it was burning a **** load of oil 1qt ever 2 hr. Codes were present then and again after rebuild. Any ideas on what to check?
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Did you disconnect the battery after the EGR and knock sensor were replace? This will clear the codes. Otherwse wyldman might have answer.
  3. Yep. It's strange, it sometimes comes on for a few seconds and then goes out. Somtimes it stays on. Weird....

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

give me specs

yr etc

5. 1990 k5 Blazer 350 automatic 4wd TBI motor had 56k then we rebuilt it. About 2500miles on fresh rebuild.
    Thanks for any advice
  6. Still happening......any ideas?
  7. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Assuming the truck has the first generation of the On-Board Diagnostics (OBD), 43 is the left Oxygen sensor, and 32 is the MAP sensor...
  8. Interesting.......I think i only have the on o2 sensor on the left header, ( my 03 SS has 2 i think)
    I will replace it. As for the map senser, im not sure where that is located.
    thanks for the ideas. Any way to tell what the version of the OBD is?
  9. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Most GM products had the first generation up until some time in 1996...

As for how to tell I can't say for sure... I am no expert on this stuff...

One thing to keep in mind, the OBD code are meant to work on many vehicles, so you o2 sensor might signal as the left and you only have one... it just depends on how it is connected to the system I guess.
  10. thanks for the help...... off to the auto parts store i go........