1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Woman killed by plow truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jlouki01, Dec 9, 2009.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

OMAHA, Neb. -- Family and friends are mourning the death of a 28-year-old Omaha woman who was killed instantly Tuesday night when a snowplow truck backed into her.

According to Omaha police, Janna Morin was getting out of her car at Foxboro Apartments near 155th and Adams streets when she was hit. Police said the truck was backing up when it hit her at about 7:30 p.m.

Man this is a serious deal.. I always worry about it when I am plowing. I wonder if the truck was running a reverse beeper and strobes. This is exactly why I put the biggest backup alarms on my trucks I could find.

We get all excited when we see snow flying and sometimes don't take into account the risks involved with this business.
  2. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

So true, someone else had posted this story to a thread as well...very sad. As much as we would like the public to respect what we are doing and be mindful of a truck that is plowing...we have to realize that a vast majority of them don't and it is up to us to be cautious.
  3. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Here it is..

I hate to say this, Wish it was me driving.. I always look back when backing up..

and hate to say this again!! this woman is from my Home town and we both went to same church.. she would have been little kid running around..

I got alot prayer E mails back home on this.. and too I did saw this on news when I was watching news what's happening around Omaha city..

good thing she has strong Faith..