1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Woman claims snowplow driver verbally abused her, drove recklessly

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 10, 2015.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Can't believe everything you see on the Internet

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I think channel 4 was surprised by their bill this month...

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I bet if the contractor wouldn't have blown snow out into the street, then they wouldn't have put it back on the sidewalk. It's easy to show after the fact footage of her blowing the snow away from the street but it never show her making the pass on the surveillance camera.

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Stupid of her to blow into the street, but they plowed snow on her on purpose I'm sure, just being a-holes. Then to cross all the way over traffic lanes and plow it back into the sidewalk...no excuse for that. To stop and swear at her and confront her, that's another no no. I've had a run in with a city plow driver before too, they think they are the only ones plowing snow. Moron picked the wrong time and place to act like a jerk...a news station with cameras viewing the street.:dizzy:

6. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

It is obvious to me what is going on. Channel 4 News is getting paid back for running negative stories on city snow plow drivers.

7. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Couple bad apples make the whole bunch look bad. Every city, state and county truck that I plow around does a fantastic job.

That driver that crossed the two lanes should be pulled without question.

8. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Darn cameras

Cannot get away with anything anymore

9. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Union shop so you have to go through the routine. From what they said nothing was done to the driver. He should have been suspended due to reckless driving.

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

It appeared the girl running the blower was going with the flow of traffic meaning the light on the blower was no in view of the truck drivers. She had a black hat and black jacket on and the likelihood of her being seen in the shadows of the trees at night is greatly reduced. With her blowing snow into the road provoked the truck drivers. If she was wearing reflective safety gear and didn't blow snow into the road there would be no reason for the truck drivers to react the way they did. I not saying what the drivers was ok but they aren't solely responsible, she has as much in this as they do.

11. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Buff....would you have drove like that ? I doubt it

From to looks of things that driver went out of his way, against traffic, to make a point.

12. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I'm not defending or condoning the drivers behavior, it takes two to tango and both are in the wrong. I wasn't clear on when the drivers and the girl exchanged words but assuming it was before the last pass on the wrong side of the road was made the drivers went too far and are in wrong for doing that.

No I would not drive like that although I may be tempted to get out and get in someone face depending on the situation.

13. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

14. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Buff, no way could you prove the two drivers plowing snow in first part of the picture were wrong. It might have been a different issue if some how she had been hurt! You talk about an insurance settlement!

15. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

16. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I never said the 2 drivers were in the wrong when they went by her the first time. I said her lack of reflective safety gear and the light on the blower pointing in the direction of traffic it would be hard to see her. She provoked the situation by blowing snow into the road which made her in the wrong. Assuming both parties exchanged words prior to the last pass of the trucks the driver was in the wrong for intentionally windrowing snow on/at her.

17. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

All I know is if a group of city plow drivers stop to b!tch at me they're going to meet the business end of a .45acp. I'm not taking crap from a gang of people at 3am

18. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

That escalated quickly...

Just to be clear, it's not okay to blow snow in the street, or drive against traffic and return it to the sidewalk but if one does pull out your gun and fix your problems.:rolleyes:

19. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

We need to get him a jet so as to report on other locations.

Hold it...he must have one according to his photos.

20. tbone1471

tbone1471 Junior Member

The two yelling at each other is unacceptable. But I would ask how many of those commenting on this plow the highways? Traffic is constantly trying to weave through our plow trains. Passing on the right when cleaning left turn lanes is very dangerous. We spend just as much time plowing as we do trying to avoid killing someone doing something stupid.

Our inspectors will keep us until they can see all the lines on the traffic cams. this may have been an area that is hard to get back to and the driver only wanted to do it one more time.