1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wolf Paws on Bobcat S-130

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lumberjack4567, Feb 7, 2013.

1. lumberjack4567

lumberjack4567 Junior Member

Hey guys it's been a while since I've posted on here. We've had the s-130 for two years now and it has performed like a champ. The tires were getting very bald, so we found these on craigslist. They were only used one time! Two things I've noticed is they are huge and make the bobcat feel faster. Tonight is the first time we used them and they seem to make a big difference.

Also, I have a question about our plow. It's an older snow wolf ultra 96 and were not sure if a fast tach would work with it. There is a little lip from the outer most rib to the edge of the plow. On their website, it looks as though the outer rib is flush with the edge of the plow. So, would a fast tach work on our plow?

photo-5 copy.jpg

2. lumberjack4567

For some reason that's the only picture I can get to upload... I'm not sure why and also don't know why it's side ways though...

3. lumberjack4567

Alright, this is the clearance between the wolf paws and the loader arms at the front. Theres almost no room!

Edited photo 1.jpg

4. lumberjack4567

Here they are pushing some snow.

Edited photo 2.jpg

5. lumberjack4567

and another one

edited 3.jpg

6. lumberjack4567

right side up

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That thing would push a lot better with all 4 tires on the ground and probably save some cutting edge wear.

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Is that behind a strip mall on Odana Rd?

machine looks good, that is very little clearance between loader arms and tires. I have those tires as well and love them, all the difference in the world.

I agree somewhat, but sometimes that's just the way it is. Sometimes you'll start like that in uneven terrain and then level off.

9. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

X2, never had a reason to plow with the front up in the air like that.

10. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

:confused: Does your plow not oscillate?

11. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Nice looking Bobcat, what is the HP on a S-130?

12. WIPensFan

Yeah it oscillates side to side a little. But not up and down, its rigid just like his. It's really not a big deal and it's necessary sometimes. The business next to my shop has a guy do there snow with a bigger Case skid steer with a big snow bucket. He has the front tires off the ground the entire time he does that lot. Doesn't hurt anything and you make sure the edge is always in contact with the ground no matter the hills or valleys that the ground has. Traction isn't that big of a deal when you're clearing snow ahead of you with momentum. Only risk is catching a crack and killing yourself and the machine with the bucket like that. Plow has a trip edge so no big deal.

13. lumberjack4567

Yes it is haha. It's across the street from Smart Motors Toyota (who use ford trucks for their plowing).

My dad was operating right there and sometimes he just forgets and drives with the front tires up. The plow does oscillate from side to side but not up and down so you can apply down pressure for scraping.

I believe the s-130 has a 46hp Kubota. I never really feel like it doesn't have enough enough power. It could have some more weight though... With the new tires though it just pushes right through the snow and the engine revs go down from 2900 to about 2400 but just keeps going.

Here's a pic of the lip on the plow. Would wings or a fast tach fit on here?

blade edited.jpg

14. WIPensFan

I don't think the hooks for the Fasttach will work on there, but I will look at mine again.

I did the landscaping there from the late 80's through the early 2000's. I never did the snow though. I actually frequent the store called "The Last Square". Love that place. I also did business with Signature Graphics for all the yrs we worked at the mall. Small world.

15. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Operating with the front tires up, especially THAT high, is certainly less than ideal. Just like the plow mount needs to be at the right height on a truck, the A-frame should be as parellel to the ground as possible on the skid. THe same basic physics apply to both. That being said, if it's your Dad, good luck fixing that problem.......:laughing:

16. WIPensFan

These are 4 pictures showing my Fasttach hooks and the edge of my plow. As you can see there are two large bolts holding the hooks on the plow and the lip on the edge of the plow is very small compared to yours.

Snow Wolf hooks.jpg

Snow Wolf hooks 2.jpg

Snow Wolf hooks 3.jpg

Snow Wolf hooks 4.jpg

17. lumberjack4567

Well that's no fun. Thanks for posting those pictures. Do you think just the regular wings would work or are they not compatible with the larger lip as well?

That's really funny how small the world is haha We actually own McGovern and Sons Paint which is in that mall. We took over the plowing two years ago and have been doing it since. Steve at signature graphics does all our sign work too! The Last Square can be quite the hangout too. There seems to be all sorts of people there all the time.

Your out of Middleton right? I saw an s-650 on a trailer just the other on University ave with wolf paws on it and I thought it might have been yours. I'm amazed how much these tires have helped ours and want to get something that will hold more snow than just the straight blade.

18. WIPensFan

Don't know about the wings, sorry.

Yeah, they do a lot of gaming in there. I don't do any of that anymore, but enjoyed it many many yrs ago. The owners are nice people.

Yes, I'm out of Middleton. You could have saw me, I'm on University Ave. to go to my shop in the industrial park. The Tires are amazing, wish we had them on the Bobcats yrs ago.

19. SnowWolf

SnowWolf Sponsor

lumberjack4567,

I have only just noticed your post regarding putting a FastTach or WolfWings on your older SnowWolf. Unfortunately, your plow is quite an old design that does not have receptacles in the end ribs for bolting on the FastTach brackets or pinning on the WolfWings. Some have modified old plows themselves to make it work, however there is no "kit" available to make it easy. Another issue I think you will have is, judging from the photos, I believe you have a 7.5' plow, which is a discontinued model. In those days, the 7.5' and smaller plows were built with a slightly lower moldboard than the 8' and up plows - I believe 28" tall instead of 30". So if you do choose to modify your plow to work, keep in mind that the FastTach and WolfWings are both built for a 30" tall moldboard.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
    Mark