1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WNY members

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Got Grass?, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Is there anyone else from the Buffalo area here? Kinda lonely over here sitting arround wating for some snow. Would be nice to talk w/ someone else from the area.

This has been the 1st november in Buffalo's history w/ no snow, whats up with this? Cant wait to plow, at least its not like last winter.

2. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

hello im from buffalo,n.y. im glad we haven't had any snow yet. don't you remember last year.this is my 19 th season and last year was a bear. hey this is buffalo one day it could be 60 deg,the next day it could be 20 deg & a storm. take care.

3. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

ahh, someone else. Yep Crazy weather we can have. 2ft in one place a mile away not a flake. Last year was crazy.

4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

MIKE

Hannibal NY here...........Waiting for snow !
    ..............Geo

5. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak Member

Rochester, NY. Still working on lawns, ready for snow

6. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Hey i'm from WNY too. This is awesome all paid contracts and no snow. Just think of all the gas and breakdown money your saving. I'm a little bored and i seem to be drinking alot more lately but it will snow,,well maybe it will.

I would have posted earlier but my old puter crashed and i had to buy this new one.

Keith

7. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

I am from Grand Island, N.Y. and actually looking for used plow parts for a 1991 Jeep Cherokee. I have a Meyer tm 6.5 power angle plow but need the mounts for the truck and pump. TW truck equipers on Elk in Buffalo wanted almost $900 for the mounts for the Jeep. If I cant find used I would buy a welder and try myself before paying $900 that is insane.

8. snowpro90

snowpro90 Junior Member

Hi all.I'm from orchard park,n.y. Yes it's been a money maker so far,but i do miss the snow.I drive a 94 full size blazer. it's kind of one of a kind. it's black with silver fender flares,and western plow.honk and wave if you see me.What are you guys driving?

9. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

WoW

I'm actually kinda suprised, I'm not all alone here roastin in the sun. Mine are contracts also so I'm making out good so far, I do have a bad winter clause tho.
    We sould all get together for coffee someday. Hey were from difrent parts and not compition. :cool:

10. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Snow pro 90, Hey Hannibal NY here
    I had a 94 2 dr Yukon and i plowed with it !
    What a nice truck. Wanted new one in 97 but
    they were made in Mexico.....So back to
    pickups made in USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pray for snow !.....................Geo

11. Earthscapes

from WNY

Got Grass we may be in competion..... all my stuff is in clarence and amherst. Bad winter clause........ man the lake is 48 degrees don't count out 300 inches of snow next month.

happy plowin

90 1ton western uni-mount and back plow
    96 3/4 ton meyer poly
    Oh yeah Chevy's of course

12. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Earthscapes, uh oh. Looks like we are in competion. All mine is also In Clarence & Amherst, mostly E. Amherst. Where exactly are you located? PM me.

13. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

hi nieghbors all of my plowing is downtown,north buffalo,amherst.there is plenty of plowing to go around i've been
    plowing for 19 years ,and i still love it.i don't even feel any guilt for collecting my money ,and we haven't plowed one flake. hey it's just like my auto insurance,not happy to see the bill but you have to have it.if a new customer calls me this late in the season i charge for the whole season. and im not cheap, i have to get my price or it's not worth it to me. if they pay my price ,then they own me. take care. ;)

14. Earthscapes

from WNY

If new people call ? I have been getting calls all week. Seems like almost everybody wants a discount because it's so late in the season. No way !!!!!!!! pay what i want or have a nice day.

BTW 2" of snow down in lockport.........1:00am

15. jackfrost

jackfrost Junior Member

buffalo,ny nov. 22,2000

anyone from from buffalo get stuck anywhere,i was stuck for 19 hours on the 190 in front of the arena downtown,but i was stuck in the car with my girlfriend so it wasnt a total loss if you guys get my drift.this is my first year that i want to plow.im looking at a 97 ram 2500 ext cab short box with a boss v plow,it has the cummins in it.any hints out there on how to start,its the middle of the season so i dont know what will happen.getting a contract is as crazy as the weather.buffalo guys know where im coming from.55 one day the next 2 feet of snow!
    thanks for the help.