1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wnated snowex 6000 or 8000

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by fordboy, Dec 28, 2005.

1. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

possibly looking for a snowex 6000 or 8000 spreader, I am in michigan but may travel if price is right.

2. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Don't waste your money.

3. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I've been real happy with our Snow Ex 8000's.. Haven't given us any trouble. Just need to take care of your equipment and it will take care of you.

4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I'd normally agree, but these are the exception to the ruls. If you'll look there is a whole thread on this.

5. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

spreader

rcp3d, weve had good luck with the one 8000, and 6000 we have now, but out of curiosity what would you recommend?

6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Looks like SnowEx may have addressed the problems with their new 8500 model. I will wait and see. I'm tired of doing their research & developement on my dime. I've had SnowEx salters for years and think they have the best tailgate spreader available. When they expanded into the V box market, they just didn't do their homework. And the worst part is they did not stand behind their product. They have the worst customer service I've seen. If I had to buy a new salter today, I'd give the Salt Dawg a try. That new Curtis hydraulic unit looks intriguing too.