1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WL 30 Wacker loader with blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Oct 1, 2014.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Now is the time. Seriously looking at this unit to fit our residental niche market. Small footprint, front mount blower. Any one have one, rented, demoed etc. Would like some input! Also what type of blower should I consider on this unit. Our dealer has about 5,6 different makes that they have sold or sell so not sure. Looking at I think a 54 incher at the moment.
  2. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

Havent personally used a wacker but i have outfitted a bobcat s185 with a schulte 72 inch blower. The biggest point to check is that the hydraulic capacity of the loader matches the flow of the motor on the blower. My 185 puts out 17 gpm and we matched it with a 5 cu in motor, works well, throws wet snow 15+ feet and dry forget it, you cant stop it!
  3. dirtnazi

dirtnazi Member
    from ct

How about ffc you can get parts almost anywhere
  4. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Sending a demo unit down this week. We'll see
  5. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

We have a Protech blower for our skidsteer, just bought it last year. Blower is a great tool to have in the box. We do a lot of properties in the city and as you can imagine the walks start to close in after a while, the blower makes a big difference after a few storms. We also use it to load out roll off trucks during removals, it loads them reasonably fast. Also, we do a lot of pile consolidation for those who don't want off site removal, we can stack the snow pretty high.