1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wix or Mobile 1

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Oil filter. Which do you use/prefer? I was using Delco and Purolator Pure One, but for some reason feel the need to switch.
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I would just stick with the Purolators.
  3. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

We use WIX in everything at work...from F-150's all the way to Pertbilts and trackloaders. Never had any problems.
  4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Stick with Wix or AC delco... talk that I have heard is that the AC delco has some of the best flow rates and fiter media...
  5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

JMO but the new mobil 1 filters look good. I use ac delco but wouldnt feel bad about using delco, wix or mobil
  6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Purolator on the truck, K&N on the Cutlass. Never Fram.:nono:
  7. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I use K&N oil filter and air filter, and Amsoil all the way.
  8. towman

towman Member

wix ac and purolator are all good, i use hastings at work, the one parts store i buy from has used nothing but hastings on two 4 cylinder delivery trucks and they have 265 on one and 275 on the other changing the oil every 5 thousand miles and those are mostly around town miles
  9. Rob Abner

Rob Abner Junior Member

Wix for me. Go to www.filter1.com and you can buy them really cheap, anything over 50.00 is free shipping
  10. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

have you thought about Baldwin filters?

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i would stay with the delco.
  12. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Personally, I try to run the AC Delco filters as much as possible, but have never had any problems with others. Fram is supposed to be bad but in the odd time I have used them it was no trouble for me.

Do a search on oil filters here... I know in the spring or so I posted a link to a page where the Buick T-Type guys had done some research by cutting up brand new filters and comparing various brand names.

If I recall, AC Delco was around the top.
  13. derekbroerse

Found it myself! Take a read here...

Here's another good one with flow rates listed:

14. derekbroerse

Not sure why the first link isn't working, Keith must have moved it or something...