1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WIW Chevy 3500 with Boss V

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MT79, Sep 19, 2009.

1. MT79

MT79 Junior Member

Hello, I am going to look a a '95 Chevy 3500 with a similar vintage Boss 8.2 V plow. It is a one owner, 50,000 mile truck with a 454/auto. It has some rust through in the door bottoms, and the rockers have some rust as well. A few dents too. Tires and brakes are 50%. What is a truck like this worth? Any problems area for this truck or the Boss plow? I need to plow two small lots and my 300' driveway. Thanks!

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Old trucks/cars with low miles are what I usually avoid. Unless they are in really nice shape. My experience has been newer/higher miles is much better. Is it a dually? What kind of bed?

3. MT79

MT79 Junior Member

It is a single rear wheel, standard cab, long bed. I drove it. It ran like a 50,000 mile truck should.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice, great plow truck. Is the Boss in good shape? What are they asking? How does the frame look? On my 95 Tahoe, it's getting tender.

5. MT79

MT79 Junior Member

The plow seems OK. We did not hook it up. I will test it out if I get serious about buying this truck. The frame has some rust flaking off, but it does not appear to be significant. No asking price yet, what would you offer?

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's the kind of truck someone might 5 grand for, someone might only pay 2 grand. Any options? Even if it's loaded with those low miles, that would probably only add a grand in value vs. basic truck with 100K. You could look at it as big block, 4L80, 14 bolt FF, it would part out in a couple of years for decent money. Or, fix the body, paint it, really nice truck that would last for ten more years or better. I don't know what to tell you. If you can do the body work yourself, and don't mind the big block, that puts you in a better position. Would you do anything else with the truck besides plow? Hauling a trailer?