1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

With A Grain of Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SnowGodFather, Oct 9, 2003.

1. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

ROSELAWN Member

Never heard of them, looks like a good deal but the testimonials were only from people in Indiana and Ohio.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I was going to last year. had everything ready to go with them. Price was a little higher than NASC, but the supply was going to be closer, so I thought I might get fast service. A couple days later after supposedly having everything ready to go, they call and say it's not going to work out this year and a line of excuses why not. This was the middle of Sept. So then I had to scramble to get our supply lined up. I was not too happy about this and i will think twice if they do move into our area.

They told us and a couple others from GR that they WOULD be in GR this year. I'm still waiting to hear from them, not. The idea seems great--using rail cars instead of barges where we're at--but the whole ordeal sort of turned me off. It does seem like a good setup in OH and IN, but I would be careful if they're not already in your area.
  4. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

The tonage price they quote on the net is ok, but they don't come my way, and have had other inquire.

That's ok I will over stock and that should take care of it.
  5. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Mark were do you get good prices in mich on bagged salt please let me know would be interested we like to use 80lb bags
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure where the best place is, Fred. We use only bulk for lots. We are getting Magic Salt from Tom Frontjes--Pine Island1. PM him or e-mail him, I don't remember his exact pricing for everything, but his Magic is very reasonably priced.
  7. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

WAGOS has a yard in Toledo, it is basicaly cargill. Prices are fair but you have to take 10 tons at a time, so that means no 2-3 tons in a 1 ton dump or v-box refills. Andersons has a good price on bagged salt, $3.89 a bag for 80# bags per pallet, buy more then 5 pallets and take 30¢ off each bag 50's are $2.89 a bag for < 1 pallet but it is $2.35 if taking more then 5 skids