1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

witch is better

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 94jeep, Aug 20, 2001.

1. 94jeep

94jeep Junior Member

who makes the best plow and/or who plows are eastiest to work on looking to buy a 6.5 ft plow

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

By "easiest to work on", how much of your own work do you intend to do on the plow? Are you referring to the plow itself, or the hydraulics?

Either way, it will depend on how well equipped & "handy" you are. I can change my own hoses/cylinders etc, but for work inside the pump/powerpack I'll let a proper shop handle that.

As far as working on the blade, since I weld for a living I can build my own plow "from scratch" if I want to, and repairs of any kind are not a problem.

As for "best plow", that's a question that often kicks off a heated discussion. First off, do a search under each of the major brands. (Western/Fisher/Meyer/Boss/SnoWay etc etc etc) and see what's been said about them already. Then, find out what you have nearby in the way of dealer support.

The "best plow" IMO will be one that you can get service & parts for easily AFTER the sale is completed, WHEN you need that service and/or parts.