1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

witch is better blizzard or boss stright blade

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by vipereng2, Nov 5, 2005.

1. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

now thats apples to apples . i was going to buy a blizzerd this week but still not sure .:dizzy:

2. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

I'm sort of on the fence also. I'm going back and forth between Boss and Blizzard. Where are you planning to purchase your Blizzard if you do get one?

3. butters

butters Member

I really like the Boss plows, but they are way more expensive than the Blizzards where I am (Michigan). I bought a Blizzard and I don't plow professionally. I couldn't justify spending over $1200 more for the Boss for just myself. I love my Blizzard and have no doubt that It would do the job probably as well as the Boss, but If they were the same price I would get the Boss. Just my 2 cents.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Do a search. This has been discussed about 6 million times.

PS It's which, not witch.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Another P.S. Its Blizzard, not blizzerd. :rolleyes:

6. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

i did a search and nothing came up

smart guy:gunsfiring:

7. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

BOSS is better with out a doubt.

8. butters

butters Member

I would say that they both have there advantages. They are both reputable companies that make good products. I think the hydraulics on the Boss plows are superior to the Blizzards. They are much more responsive and faster. The warranty is longer on the Boss (2 years vs 1 year). But...The Boss plow are more expensive and they do not have wings. It depends on what you are looking for in a plow I guess. You said straight blade and for that comparison I would say the Boss plows are better, but only if you take cost out of the equation. Like I stated earlier I couldn't justify the added cost of the Boss for what I was going to use my plow for. Having used my Blizzard for a year I would definitly buy another one if I was in the market for a new plow.

9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Just my opinion....Go with BOSS. The hydraulics are so quick and reliable its unbelievable. I used to be a western man but when I was plow shopping in late 2004 so I could set up my Dodge, this is what I found:

Western 7.5 Steel - $4100 :eek:
    BOSS 7.5 Steel - $3050 :nod:

BOSS has an awesome paint job on their plows, both of my plows look like new.
    (And BOSS does have wings now boys, adds 22 inches to your total width!)
    Just my 2 cents...

10. wls

wls Senior Member

when I was shopping around for a 8.5 plow, I priced out a boss for I believe around 4000.00, called the blizzard guy, 2899.00, thats quite a difference. I have a blizzard 810, its a great plow, so I would probabably go with the blizzard. I'm not partial, I own a 7.5 boss also.

11. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

boss all the way.

12. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Boss has great customer service......., soo far!